Below are current clinical trials.14 studies in Kidney Transplant Program
(open studies only).
Filter this list of studies by location, status and more.
To evaluate the efficacy of Cinryze® given for the treatment of acute antibody-mediated rejection (of renal allograft) (AMR) in kidney transplant recipients as measured by the proportion of subjects with new or worsening transplant glomerulopathy (TG) at 6 months after treatment initiation.
The purpose of this study is to confirm the effectiveness and safety of intravenous terlipressin in the treatment of adult patients who have hepatorenal syndrome (HRS) type 1.
The purpose of this pilot study is to investigate whether contrast-enhanced ultrasound (CEUS) may help evaluate segmental differences in renal perfusion better than doppler ultrasound and thus help direct a biopsy to the most abnormal part of the renal cortex.
The aim of this study is to measure the differences in quality of life and mood of liver transplant recipients in the immediate month post- transplant staying at the Gabriel House of Care staying at a hotel, apartment or rental property.
The aim of this study is to determine the validity of two tests on bone marrow of sensitized kidney transplant recipients in order to better understand why these patients with antibodies against their donors are at a greater risk of rejection of their transplanted organs.
This is a safety study to compare the safety of receiving a lung treated with the Toronto EVLP System™ by SPONSOR in SPONSOR's dedicated facility against standard lung transplantation.
The primary objective of this study is to demonstrate the safety and efficacy of cellular immunotherapy with MDR-101 for induction of functional immune tolerance in recipients of human leukocyte antigen (HLA)-matched, living donor kidney transplants.
The aim of this study is to assess the quality of life among a sample of obese liver transplant recipients and compare it between those who underwent sleeve gastrectomy and those who did not.
Jacksonville, Fla., Rochester, Minn.
This study is being done to collect and store samples of blood from patients with liver disease for a research study to be able to find a new and better way to detect liver cancer.
This study will collect and store samples of tissue and blood for current and future research studies on Liver and Biliary Tumors.
Sept. 11, 2018
- Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients. http://www.srtr.org/default.aspx. Accessed April 7, 2016.
- U.S. News & World Report. U.S. News Best Hospitals 2015-16. http://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/rankings. Accessed Feb. 22, 2016.
- Orandi BJ, et al. Kidney transplants from incompatible live donors. New England Journal of Medicine. 2016;374:940.
- Riggin EA. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 5, 2016.
- Schinstock CA (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 18, 2014.
- Lallas CD, et al. The development of a laparoscopic donor nephrectomy program in a de novo renal transplant program: Evolution of technique and results in over 200 cases. Journal of the Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons. 2006;10:135.
- Mai ML (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Fla. April 26, 2016.
- Stulak JM, et al. Combined heart and abdominal organ transplantation: Excellent outcomes gained from a unique experience. Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation. 2014;33:S278.
- Li H, et al. Assessing the efficacy of kidney paired donation — Performance of an integrated three-site program. Transplantation. 2014;98:300.
- Cornell LD, et al. Positive crossmatch kidney transplant recipients treated with eculizumab: Outcomes beyond 1 year. American Journal of Transplantation. 2015;15:1293.
- Shapiro R, et al. Benefits and complications of laparoscopic donor nephrectomy. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 11, 2016.
- Polycystic kidney disease. National Institutes of Diabetes and Digestive Kidney Diseases. http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/kudiseases/pubs/polycystic/. Accessed March 16, 2016.
- Raichlin E, et al. Combined heart and kidney transplantation provides an excellent survival and decreases risk of cardiac cellular rejection and coronary allograft vasculopathy. Transplantation Proceedings. 2011;43:1871.
- Heilman RL, et al. Steroid avoidance immunosuppression in low-risk kidney transplant recipients. Transplantation Proceedings. 2005;37:1785.
- Jay CL, et al. Reassessing preemptive kidney transplantation in the United States: Are we making progress? Transplantation. 20165;100:1120. http://www.transplantjournal.com. Accessed April 6, 2016.
- Bentall A, et al. Five-year outcomes in living donor kidney transplants with a positive crossmatch. American Journal of Transplantation. 2013;13:76.
- Prieto M (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. May 11, 2016.
- Dharnidharka VR, et al. Kidney transplantation in children. New England Journal of Medicine. 2014;371:549.
- Barbara Woodward Lips Patient Education Center. Your child's kidney transplant. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2016.
- Kidney transplant team describes current work. Mayovox. 1967;18:24.
- Kudva YC (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 14, 2016.
- Barbara Woodward Lips Patient Education Center. Kidney transplant. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2013.
- Rossi AP, et al. Evaluation of the potential renal transplant recipient. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 6, 2016.
- Cramer CH II (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 27, 2016.
- Li H, et al. The limits of paired donation — Who doesn't get transplanted? American Journal of Transplantation. 2013;13(suppl 5). http://www.atcmeetingsabstracts.com/abstract/limits-of-paired-donation-who-doesn’t-get-transplanted-the/. Accessed April 27, 2016.
- Crespo HS, et al. Kidney transplantation in the septuagenarian. American Journal of Transplantation. 2015;15(suppl 3). http://www.atcmeetingabstracts.com/abstract/kidney-transplantation-in-the-septuagenarian/. Accessed April 27, 2016.
- Taner T, et al. Decreased chronic cellular and antibody-mediated injury in the kidney following simultaneous liver-kidney transplantation. Kidney International. 2016:89:909.
Kidney Transplant Program