ملاحظة: كُتِبت المعلومات الواردة في هذا المحتوى قبل جائحة فيروس كورونا المستجد (كوفيد-19)، ولا توضح البروتوكولات المناسبة للتعامل مع الجائحة. يرجى اتباع جميع الإرشادات التي توصي بها مراكز مكافحة الأمراض والوقاية منها بشأن ارتداء الكمامات والتباعد الاجتماعي.
At Mayo Clinic's campus in Phoenix, Arizona, Mayo surgical oncologists provide subspecialty expertise in surgically treating a wide variety of cancers as well as other disorders of the endocrine glands. Five staff surgeons within the Division of Surgical Oncology and Endocrine Surgery perform more than 1,000 related surgical procedures annually on average.
Mayo surgical oncologists and endocrine surgeons are internationally recognized for their performance of complex procedures with excellent outcomes. Each is a recognized expert in his or her field, with subspecialty training in cancer surgery.
Our surgeons practice in an atmosphere of inquiry, carefully analyzing their large-volume surgical practice for ways to improve medical care, patient experience and outcomes. Mayo surgical oncologists are involved in many clinical trials evaluating new approaches for cancer treatment and publish regularly in top surgical journals.
Mayo Clinic emphasizes a collaborative team approach, allowing accurate diagnoses and surgical intervention in an efficient and timely manner.
Our surgical oncologists and endocrine surgeons communicate closely with other specialists involved in the care of those undergoing surgery at Mayo Clinic. Each person receiving care benefits from an individual patient-centered treatment plan that involves a multidisciplinary team of experts, all under one roof.
State-of-the-art facilities, equipment and processes
Mayo Clinic in Arizona uses state-of-the-art imaging approaches, such as breast MRI, contrast-enhanced digital mammography (CEDM), molecular breast imaging (MBI), PET-MRI, DOTATATE-PET and technetium nuclear scintigraphy. You can be confident that the most insightful, accurate imaging technology appropriate to your individual needs will be used for your diagnosis.
If needed, surgery is performed at Mayo Clinic's Phoenix campus. Mayo Clinic operating rooms are equipped with the latest diagnostic and surgical equipment, including advanced laparoscopy and robotic surgical platforms. Mayo surgeons follow enhanced recovery after surgery (ERAS) practices to enhance pain control, decrease the length of your hospital stay and speed your overall recovery. Our protocols for ERAS following breast surgery and HIPEC have been presented nationally and published in top journals.
Innovative services and special programs
- Hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemoperfusion (HIPEC). Surgical oncologists at Mayo Clinic's campus in Arizona have been at the forefront in the use of this unique chemotherapy procedure. In particular, our use of minimally invasive surgery and ERAS protocols has led to some of the best outcomes reported in the country. Learn more about how HIPEC can improve outcomes for those with cancer.
- Total neoadjuvant therapy (TNT) for advanced pancreatic cancer. Total neoadjuvant therapy is a new approach to treat locally advanced pancreatic cancer with chemotherapy and radiation prior to surgery. That means we can often offer surgical options to patients who would not traditionally be surgery candidates.
- Minimally invasive and robotic surgery. Mayo Clinic surgeons have been at the forefront of using minimally invasive surgery. Read more about minimally invasive surgery, a technique that offers many advantages for those undergoing surgery.
- Minimally invasive parathyroid (MIP) surgery. Our surgical oncologists rely on MIP surgery as a definitive standard practice for eligible patients being treated for hypercalcemia secondary to hyperparathyroidism. MIP surgery allows most of those patients to opt for same-day surgery.
- Oncoplastic surgery and immediate reconstruction. In coordination with our plastic surgery colleagues, we offer immediate reconstruction and special surgical techniques to patients undergoing breast cancer surgery. This ensures excellent cosmetic outcomes and quick recovery without the need for multiple surgeries.
A team focused on you
Having all this expertise in a single place, focused on you, means that you're not just getting one opinion. Your care is discussed among the team, your test results are available quickly, and appointment schedules are coordinated. Highly specialized experts are working together for you. What might take weeks or even months to accomplish elsewhere can typically be done in a matter of days at Mayo Clinic.
Your surgeons are supported by a team of nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses, medical assistants and secretarial staff to ensure prompt and detailed attention to patient care.