Haidar M. Abdul-Muhsin, M.D., is a urologist who specializes in minimally invasive and robotic surgery for urologic conditions. His clinical focus include:
- Robotic surgery for complex kidney and prostate cancer cases.
- Complex coordination of care for advanced kidney and prostate cancer.
- Improving patients' and families' understanding of diseases through innovative personalized and generalized educational tools.
- Empowering cancer patients to participate in an active shared decision making process that will address their goals while maintaining the balance between survival and quality of life.
- Establishing a patient-centered health care environment with a focus on building a relationship with his patient where they express their needs and have no barriers to address their medical issues.
As an active researcher, Dr. Abdul-Muhsin is interested in artificial intelligence applications in robotic urology and kidney cancer, as well as continuing innovations in robotic surgery.
Mayo Clinic locations
ResidencyUrology Residency, Urology, Programs in Arizona, Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
Transitional ResidentSurgery - General (Categorical) Residency, Surgery, Programs in Arizona, Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
Special FellowshipUrology - Endourology Fellowship, Programs in Arizona, Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Department of Education Administration
Fellow - Robotic UrologyFlorida Hospital Celebration Health, Global Robotics Institute
Residency - UrologyHamad Medical Corporation
C.A.B.S. - UrologyHamad Medical Corporation
Internship - General Surgery and MedicineHamad Medical Corporation
MB ChBBaghdad University School of Medicine
Activities and honors
Awards and honors
Mayo Brothers Distinguished Fellowship AwardMayo Clinic Arizona
- 2020 - present
MemberAmerican College of Surgeons
- 2020 - present
MemberAmerican Urologic Association