- Collaboration. At Mayo Clinic, oncologists, pathologists and radiologists work as a multidisciplinary team to provide whole-person care for people considering biological therapy for cancer. Other professionals are included as needed.
- Expertise. Mayo Clinic doctors have made important contributions to biological therapy research and are respected for the expertise in this area. The knowledge and experience of Mayo Clinic doctors means they're able to provide you with the best care.
- Access to the latest research. Mayo Clinic is a leader in translating knowledge gained from cancer research into effective, personalized care for people with cancer. Your cancer treatment plan will take into account the most up-to-date information.
- Comprehensive cancer center. Mayo Clinic Cancer Center meets strict standards for a National Cancer Institute comprehensive cancer center, which recognizes scientific excellence and a multidisciplinary approach to cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
Why choose Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., and Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla, is ranked high performing for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic also ranks among the Best Children's Hospitals for cancer.
Mayo Clinic: Answers you can trust
At Mayo Clinic, we assemble a team of specialists who take the time to listen and thoroughly understand your health issues and concerns. We tailor the care you receive to your personal health care needs. You can trust our specialists to collaborate and offer you the best possible outcomes, safety and service.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit medical institution that reinvests all earnings into improving medical practice, research and education. We're constantly involved in innovation and medical research, finding solutions to improve your care and quality of life. Your doctor or someone on your medical team is likely involved in research related to your condition.
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care — and trusted answers — like they've never experienced.
Why Choose Mayo Clinic
What Sets Mayo Clinic Apart
Dec. 05, 2014
- De Vita VT Jr, et al. DeVita, Hellman, and Rosenberg's Cancer: Principles & Practice of Oncology. 9th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Wolters Kluwer Health Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2011. http://ovidsp.ovid.com/ovidweb.cgi?T=JS&CSC=Y&NEWS=N&PAGE=booktext&D=books1&AN=01451469/9th_Edition/3&XPATH=/OVIDBOOK%5b1%5d/METADATA%5b1%5d/TBY%5b1%5d/EDITORS%5b1%5d. Accessed Oct. 29, 2014.
- Biological therapies for cancer. National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/Therapy/biological. Accessed Oct. 29, 2014.
- Niederhuber JE, et al., eds. Abeloff's Clinical Oncology. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Oct. 29, 2014.
- Shah DJ, et al. Latest advances in chemotherapeutic, targeted and immune approaches in the treatment of metastatic melanoma. Mayo Clinic Proceedings. 2014;89:504.