Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
Areas that research this procedure
Doctors who perform this procedure
Displaying 1-1 out of 1 doctors available
- Rochester, MN
Areas of focus:
Vertebroplasty, Stroke, Brain tumor, Brain aneurysm, Cerebrovascular disease
Mayo doctors are conducting clinical trials of an alternative material for stabilizing compression fractures. Mayo researchers also are working to classify the types and age of fractures that are best treated by vertebroplasty as well as studying long-term results of the procedure.
See a list of publications by Mayo authors on vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Vertebroplasty care at Mayo Clinic
Dec. 28, 2017
- Rosen HN, et al. Osteoporotic thoracolumbar vertebral compression fractures: Clinical manifestations and treatment. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed Sept. 15, 2017.
- Fillippiadas DK, et al. Pecutaneous vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty: Current status, new developments and old controversies. Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiology. In press. Accessed Sept. 15, 2017.
- AskMayoExpert. Vertebral augmentation (vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty). Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research. 2016.
- Thielen KR (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Oct. 2, 2017.
- Brown AY. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 4, 2017.