Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
Areas that research this procedure
Mayo Clinic scientists conduct research in spinal cord injury rehabilitation, including studying upper extremity functional restoration and other therapies for people with spinal cord injuries. Researchers also study outcomes, new treatment options and other areas related to spinal cord injury rehabilitation. Read more about spinal cord injury research.
See a list of publications about spinal cord injury rehabilitation by Mayo Clinic doctors on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
View all physicians • All Locations
Upper extremity functional restoration for spinal cord injury care at Mayo Clinic
April 18, 2020
- Abrams GM, et al. Chronic complications of spinal cord injury and disease. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed Feb. 12, 2018.
- AskMayoExpert. Functional electrical stimulation. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2017.
- Spinal cord injury: Hope through research. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. https://www.ninds.nih.gov/Disorders/All-Disorders/Spinal-Cord-Injury-Information-Page. Accessed Feb. 12, 2018.
- Provider profile. CARF International. http://www.carf.org/providerProfile.aspx?cid=8020. Accessed Feb. 9, 2018.
- Riggin EA. AllscriptsEPSi. Mayo Clinic. Jan. 16, 2020.
Products & Services
Upper extremity functional restoration for spinal cord injury