Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States, with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
Areas that research this procedure
Nov. 23, 2016
- Prostate cancer. National Comprehensive Cancer Network. http://www.nccn.org/patients/guidelines/prostate/index.html. Accessed Sept. 26, 2016.
- Wein AJ, et al., eds. Radiation therapy for prostate cancer. In: Campbell-Walsh Urology. 11th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2016. http://wwwclinicalkey.com. Accessed Oct. 5, 2016.
- What is brachytherapy? American Brachytherapy Society. https://www.americanbrachytherapy.org/aboutbrachytherapy/whatis.cfm. Accessed Oct. 15, 2016.
- Chao MWT, et al. Brachytherapy: State-of-the-art radiotherapy in prostate cancer. BJUI International. 2015;116 (suppl 3):S80.
- Prostate cancer treatment. National Institutes of Health. https://www.cancer.gov/types/prostate/hp/prostate-treatment-pdq#section/all. Accessed Oct. 5, 2016.
- Brachytherapy. RadiologyInfo.org. http://www.radiologyinfo.org/en/info.cfm?pg=brachy. Accessed Oct. 5, 2016.
- Radiation therapy for prostate cancer. American Cancer Society. http://www.cancer.org/cancer/prostatecancer/detailedguide/prostate-cancer-treating-radiation-therapy. Accessed Oct. 5, 2016.
- AskMayoExpert. Prostate cancer. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2016.
- Roach M, et al. Brachytherapy for localized prostate cancer. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 5, 2016.
- Alizad A, et al. Application of vibro-acoustography in prostate tissue imaging. Medical Physics. 2013;40:022902-01.
- Davis BJ, et al. American Brachytherapy Society consensus guidelines for transrectal ultrasound-guided permanent prostate brachytherapy. Brachytherapy. 2012;11:6.