Hospitality industry puts the needs of visitors first
Learn about accreditation of businesses serving patients and visitors who come to Mayo Clinic.
As a Mayo Clinic patient, would you like to know which Rochester restaurants cater to your special dietary needs? Are you looking for lodging where the concierge can help you navigate the Mayo campus? Or do you need to find transportation to accommodate a disability? Now you can, thanks to an innovative collaboration between Mayo Clinic and the city of Rochester.
Mayo Clinic and the city of Rochester have designed an initiative called Experience Accreditation, a certification process for Rochester transportation, hotels, restaurants and retail businesses. Through this process, accredited entities express their desire to provide exceptional customer service to Mayo Clinic patients and the community.
Accredited businesses make a commitment to high-quality standards and demonstrate firm resolve to provide customers with added value and numerous benefits:
- Outstanding customer service and quality products
- An experience you can trust
- Services and menu options to meet a variety of healthy-living needs
- Staff trained in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and the Certified Tourism Ambassador (CTA) program
- Commitment to continuous improvement of the customer experience through ongoing education and certification
The Rochester Convention & Visitors Bureau is responsible for accreditation of all businesses. The Experience Accreditation Oversight Committee, composed of local organization and business leaders, is responsible for reviewing all applications, handling service issues and monitoring compliance.
- Look for this Experience Accreditation logo near business listings of companies that have been certified:
- Also, look for the Experience Accreditation logo posted at Rochester business locations.
To learn more about Experience Accreditation and to find accredited businesses, visit http://experienceaccreditation.com.
Before your visit
During your visit
After your visit
Dec. 06, 2019