Providing outstanding service for referring providers and their patients
Each of Mayo Clinic's three campuses — Rochester, Minnesota; Jacksonville, Florida; and Phoenix/Scottsdale, Arizona — has a Referring Provider Office staffed with physician liaisons who work to ensure outstanding service for both referring providers and their patients.
The Referring Provider Office is a resource for all providers outside Mayo Clinic, whether you're getting in touch with Mayo for the first time or have an ongoing relationship with us and our providers. Physician liaisons work closely with Mayo's clinical areas to bring the most up-to-date, relevant information to referring providers and their staff members.
The physician liaison staff in our office can:
- Visit you. We'll travel to your office to discuss the referral process, provide any necessary training, share relevant referral materials and contact information, and answer any questions you have about referring patients to Mayo Clinic.
- Arrange a Mayo Clinic physician visit. A Mayo Clinic physician can visit your office to meet you and your colleagues and discuss your specialties and expertise. This also provides us an opportunity to learn more about your practice and how we can collaborate to provide optimal care for mutual patients.
- Provide information about continuing education. Get the latest details on our Grand Rounds presentations and physician videos (available in our Medical Professional Video Center), continuing medical education (CME) opportunities available through Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development, and clinical and research fellowships.
- Find clinical trials. Mayo Clinic has approximately 500 active clinical trials evaluating therapies, drugs, diagnostic tools and patient care practices. We can help you locate information about our trials, including how to enroll.
- Listen to your feedback. How was your experience interacting with Mayo Clinic? And how was your patient's experience? Let us know what went smoothly and how we can improve.
Update your contact information
- If you have moved to a new location, email us with your new office address and telephone number.