May 18, 2022
When patients have questions we can help
If patients have questions about appointments, insurance and billing, or international services, direct them to contact Mayo Clinic for specific phone numbers for those areas.
- An individual registration number is given to each patient at Mayo Clinic. This number should be used for all clinic communications regarding your patient.
- We suggest that you keep a record of your patient's Mayo Clinic registration number for easy future reference.
- If a patient has previously been assigned a Mayo Clinic registration number, that original number will continue to be used.
- We recommend that patients contact their insurance providers to verify benefits and eligibility for services provided by Mayo Clinic.
- Our staff will file your patient's primary insurance and assist patients in filing any supplemental insurance claims.
- Mayo Clinic and Mayo Clinic hospitals are in-network for many insurance plans.
- Mayo Clinic does not accept Medicare assignment, so payments will be made directly to the patient.
Travel and lodging
- Mayo Clinic does not arrange housing for patients. Patients are encouraged to secure lodging reservations before their anticipated arrival. Mayo Clinic's campus in Rochester, Minnesota, has a free patient concierge service that can advise on transportation, lodging and more.
- Travel and lodging information and maps for each campus:
Patient and visitor guide
- International services, including interpreters who are available at no charge, help ensure that distance and language are not obstacles to receiving world-class care.
- See the Mayo international services website in other languages:
Mayo Clinic Patient app
Mayo Clinic patients have access to the Mayo Clinic app, which offers help navigating Mayo Clinic, secure access to appointment and personal health information, and more.