Vesicoureteral reflux care at Mayo Clinic
At Mayo Clinic, vesicoureteral reflux care encompasses:
- A team approach, tailored to your child's needs. Your child will receive care from a board-certified pediatric urology surgeon. Working as a team, medical professionals from various specialties communicate with you to set goals and develop a customized evaluation and treatment plan for your child.
- A full range of treatment options to consider. Your Mayo Clinic care team works with you to review all treatment options and help you choose the treatment that best suits your child's needs. The range of treatment options offered to children with vesicoureteral reflux includes watchful waiting, medication, minimally invasive and open surgery procedures.
- Cutting-edge research that improves care. Mayo Clinic pediatric urologists are actively involved in research designed to improve care for children with vesicoureteral reflux and other urinary tract disorders. You may have the chance to enroll in a clinical trial to try the latest treatment innovations. Learn more about clinical trials at Mayo Clinic.
- Time for your concerns and questions. Doctors at Mayo Clinic take time to listen to your concerns and answer all of your questions about your child's care.
Expertise and rankings
Mayo Clinic's world-class experts offer an integrated team approach to the care of children with vesicoureteral reflux:
- Collaboration. Mayo Clinic pediatric urologists and other specialists work as a multidisciplinary team to provide comprehensive care for children with vesicoureteral reflux. Your care team is prepared with the knowledge and resources to provide your child with exactly the care that's needed.
- Expertise. As a major pediatric center, Mayo Clinic Children's Center doctors and surgeons are highly skilled in diagnosing and treating vesicoureteral reflux. Mayo Clinic's pediatric experts use state-of-the-art diagnostic and treatment techniques and the latest technology.
- Experience. Mayo Clinic doctors have extensive experience caring for children with conditions affecting the urinary system. Mayo Clinic sees more than 350 children with vesicoureteral reflux each year.
Nationally recognized expertise
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., is ranked No. 1 for urology in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Ariz., and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., are ranked among the Best Hospitals in the nation for urology by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic also ranks among the Best Children's Hospitals for urology.
Learn more about Mayo Clinic's urology department's expertise and rankings.
Locations, travel and lodging
Mayo Clinic has major campuses in Phoenix and Scottsdale, Arizona; Jacksonville, Florida; and Rochester, Minnesota. The Mayo Clinic Health System has dozens of locations in several states.
For more information on visiting Mayo Clinic, choose your location below:
Costs and insurance
Mayo Clinic works with hundreds of insurance companies and is an in-network provider for millions of people.
In most cases, Mayo Clinic doesn't require a physician referral. Some insurers require referrals, or may have additional requirements for certain medical care. All appointments are prioritized on the basis of medical need.
Learn more about appointments at Mayo Clinic.
Please contact your insurance company to verify medical coverage and to obtain any needed authorization prior to your visit. Often, your insurer's customer service number is printed on the back of your insurance card.