Social anxiety disorder care at Mayo Clinic
- Experience. Mayo Clinic experts in psychiatry and psychology services treat more than 600 people each year who have social anxiety disorder.
- Team approach. Using a team approach, Mayo Clinic experts evaluate and diagnose anxiety disorders. These compassionate psychiatrists, psychologists and other mental health professionals listen patiently to thoroughly understand your concerns, health issues and experience with anxiety to create a treatment plan suited to your needs.
- Unique, successful program for children and teens. The Mayo Clinic campus in Minnesota offers a Pediatric Anxiety Disorders Clinic, providing special expertise in diagnosing and treating children and teenagers.
- Integrating practice and research. Mayo Clinic clinicians and researchers conduct cutting-edge research in the treatment of anxiety disorders and use that knowledge to deliver the highest quality care.
Expertise and rankings
- Unique, successful program for children and teens. The Pediatric Anxiety Disorders Clinic at Mayo Clinic's campus in Minnesota provides special expertise in diagnosing and treating children and teenagers.
- New developments in the evaluation and treatment of anxiety. A Mayo Clinic multispecialty research team developed Mayo Clinic Anxiety Coach, an iPhone application for anxiety management in children and teens. Researchers also developed an electronic assessment system for evaluating pediatric psychiatric symptoms.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., is ranked as one of the top psychiatry hospitals in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
Locations, travel and lodging
Mayo Clinic has major campuses in Phoenix and Scottsdale, Arizona; Jacksonville, Florida; and Rochester, Minnesota. The Mayo Clinic Health System has dozens of locations in several states.
For more information on visiting Mayo Clinic, choose your location below:
Costs and insurance
Mayo Clinic works with hundreds of insurance companies and is an in-network provider for millions of people.
In most cases, Mayo Clinic doesn't require a physician referral. Some insurers require referrals, or may have additional requirements for certain medical care. All appointments are prioritized on the basis of medical need.
Learn more about appointments at Mayo Clinic.
Please contact your insurance company to verify medical coverage and to obtain any needed authorization prior to your visit. Often, your insurer's customer service number is printed on the back of your insurance card.
Aug. 29, 2017