Popliteal artery aneurysm care at Mayo Clinic
Each Mayo Clinic location offers a vascular center, staffed by doctors and other specialists trained in vascular diseases.
- Your Mayo Clinic care team. Mayo Clinic doctors trained in blood vessel conditions (vascular specialists) and blood vessel surgery (vascular and endovascular surgeons) and other health care providers work together to treat people with popliteal artery aneurysm and popliteal artery entrapment syndrome. Each Mayo Clinic location offers a vascular center staffed by doctors and other care providers trained in vascular diseases.
- Collaborative approach. Mayo Clinic's team-based, multidisciplinary approach to care means that services — such as vascular imaging, a physiology lab, endovascular therapy and surgical services — are easily accessible.
- Personalized care. A detailed itinerary for appointments, tests and procedures lets you make the most of your time at the clinic. Mayo staff runs all tests and labs at Mayo Clinic, which means tests taken in the morning can be reviewed the same afternoon. This collaborative approach means doctors can often evaluate you and develop a personalized treatment plan within two or three days.
- Advanced diagnosis and treatment. At Mayo Clinic, doctors use detailed imaging tests to diagnose your condition, including computerized tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and duplex ultrasound.
- Innovative research. Mayo Clinic health care providers offer state-of-the-art vascular care based on the latest research as well as access to new developments and appropriate clinical trials.
Expertise and rankings
Mayo Clinic doctors have expertise in treating people with popliteal artery aneurysms and other aneurysms with endovascular surgery, open surgery and other options.
Mayo doctors evaluate and treat more than 400 people each year with lower extremity artery aneurysms, including popliteal artery aneurysms.
Nationally recognized expertise
Vascular surgeons at Mayo Clinic are nationally recognized for their expertise in traditional open surgery and minimally invasive endovascular procedures.
Locations, travel and lodging
Mayo Clinic has major campuses in Phoenix and Scottsdale, Arizona; Jacksonville, Florida; and Rochester, Minnesota. The Mayo Clinic Health System has dozens of locations in several states.
For more information on visiting Mayo Clinic, choose your location below:
Costs and insurance
Mayo Clinic works with hundreds of insurance companies and is an in-network provider for millions of people.
In most cases, Mayo Clinic doesn't require a physician referral. Some insurers require referrals, or may have additional requirements for certain medical care. All appointments are prioritized on the basis of medical need.
Learn more about appointments at Mayo Clinic.
Please contact your insurance company to verify medical coverage and to obtain any needed authorization prior to your visit. Often, your insurer's customer service number is printed on the back of your insurance card.
Feb. 23, 2022