Mesothelioma care at Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic's Cancer Education Center offers education and support for cancer patients and their families and friends.
- Collaboration. At Mayo Clinic, experts in pulmonary medicine, surgery, oncology, radiation oncology and pathology work as a team to provide whole-person care to those with mesothelioma. Other providers are included as needed.
- Experience. Mayo Clinic doctors have extensive experience treating many cases of this rare cancer. Each year, about 200 people with mesothelioma receive care at Mayo Clinic.
- A full range of treatment options to consider. Mayo Clinic doctors will work with you to review all of your options and choose the treatment that best suits your needs and goals. The range of treatments offered to people with mesothelioma includes chemotherapy, radiation and many types of surgical procedures.
- The latest technology. Mayo Clinic doctors have the latest in medical technology to help them diagnose and treat mesothelioma. Advanced diagnostic tests help doctors diagnose and monitor mesothelioma. Advances in surgical techniques help surgeons remove as much cancer as possible to relieve the signs and symptoms of mesothelioma.
- Access to clinical trials. Mayo Clinic conducts mesothelioma research and participates in national research alliances. This gives people with mesothelioma who seek care at Mayo Clinic access to clinical trials and the latest treatments.
- Comprehensive cancer center. Mayo Clinic Cancer Center meets strict standards for a National Cancer Institute comprehensive cancer center, which recognizes scientific excellence and a multidisciplinary approach to cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., and Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for cancer by U.S. News & World Report.
The Mayo Clinic experience and patient stories
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care like they've never experienced. See the stories of satisfied Mayo Clinic patients.
Locations, travel and lodging
Mayo Clinic has major campuses in Phoenix and Scottsdale, Arizona; Jacksonville, Florida; and Rochester, Minnesota. The Mayo Clinic Health System has dozens of locations in several states.
For more information on visiting Mayo Clinic, choose your location below:
Costs and insurance
Mayo Clinic works with hundreds of insurance companies and is an in-network provider for millions of people.
In most cases, Mayo Clinic doesn't require a physician referral. Some insurers require referrals, or may have additional requirements for certain medical care. All appointments are prioritized on the basis of medical need.
Learn more about appointments at Mayo Clinic.
Please contact your insurance company to verify medical coverage and to obtain any needed authorization prior to your visit. Often, your insurer's customer service number is printed on the back of your insurance card.
Oct. 23, 2015