Oct. 08, 2015
Below are current clinical trials.2 studies in Breast cysts
(open studies only).
Filter this list of studies by location, status and more.
The purpose of this research is to evaluate the efficacy of a new breast tissue assessment tool that provides new diagnostic information about breast masses and potential for early classification of malignant masses.
This study is being done to:
• Test an investigational breast imaging system;
• Image the breast and see if we can differentiate lesions by using the investigational imaging system;
• Test an investigational breast stiffness measurement method
• Test and compare to an FDA approved ultrasound stiffness imaging system (GE LOGIQ E9 (LE9)
• Compare to ultrasound images using Alpinion clinical ultrasound platform, FDA approved ECUBE 12 and a non-FDA approved ECUBE 12R
The overall goal is to investigate the value of ultrasound imaging of small vasculature as a new biomarker for cancer characterization and early treatment evaluation.
- Non-cancerous breast conditions. American Cancer Society. http://www.cancer.org/docroot/CRI/content/CRI_2_6X_Non_Cancerous_Breast_Conditions_59.asp?sitearea. Accessed July 15, 2015.
- Golshan M, et al. Breast pain. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 15, 2015.
- Salzman B, et al. Common breast problems. American Family Physician. 2012;86:343.
- Evening primrose oil. Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database. http://www.naturaldatabase.com. Accessed Aug. 2, 2015.
- Understanding breast changes: A health guide for women. National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/screening/understanding-breast-changes. Accessed July 15, 2015.
- Laronga C, et al. Breast cysts: Clinical manifestations, diagnosis and management. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 15, 2015.
- Pruthi S (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 17, 2015.
- Ferrara A. Benign breast disease. Radiologic Technology. 2011;82:447M.
- Evening primrose oil. Bethesda, Md. National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health. https://nccih.nih.gov/health/eveningprimrose. Accessed Aug. 2, 2015.