Aug. 30, 2016
Below are current clinical trials.5 studies in Asthma
(open studies only).
Filter this list of studies by location, status and more.
This research study is being done for people who have asthma and chronic rhinosinusitis, hay fever, or you do not have any sinus disease, asthma or hay fever (control). The aim of the study is to investigate the functions of nasal epithelial cells.
Investigators are assessing if patients with asthma respond better to the Pneumovax vaccine if they are given Prevnar initially.
The purpose of this study is to look to see if automated chart review by computer predicts asthma status and asthma status characterization.
The purpose of this study is to obtain breath acoustic recordings and measures of lung mechanics in patients with COPD, asthma, and cystic fibrosis breathing at rest and during light submaximal exercise. The plan is to examine these respiratory acoustics and mechanics in relation to determinants of disease and/or disease states (classic respiratory pathophysiology) and quality of life measures in these patient populations to determine if any relationship or patterns exist when comparing across respiratory diseases and within a condition based on disease severity.
The purpose of this study is to identify a new population of cells in the blood that may be contributing to allergic inflammation in atopic asthmatics.
- Martinez FD, et al. Asthma. The Lancet. 2013;382:1360.
- What is asthma? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/asthma. Accessed April 27, 2015.
- Diagnosis and management of asthma guideline. Bloomington, Minn.: Institute for Clinical Systems Improvement. https://www.icsi.org/guidelines__more/catalog_guidelines_and_more/catalog_guidelines/catalog_respiratory_guidelines/asthma/. Accessed April 27, 2015.
- Global strategy for asthma management and prevention (2015 update). Global Initiative for Asthma. http://www.ginasthma.org/documents/4. Accessed April 27, 2015.
- Expert panel report 3 (EPR-3): Guidelines for the diagnosis and management of asthma. Bethesda, Md.: National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/guidelines/asthma/. Accessed Sept. 13, 2013.
- Ferri FF. Asthma. In: Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2015: 5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2015. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed April 27, 2015.
- Asthma. Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database. http://www.naturaldatabase.com. Accessed April 27, 2015.
- Updated information on leukotriene inhibitors: Montelukast (marketed as Singulair), zafirlukast (marketed as Accolate), and zileuton (marketed as Zyflo and Zyflo CR). U.S. Food and Drug Administration. http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/PostmarketDrugSafetyInformationforPatientsandProviders/DrugSafetyInformationforHeathcareProfessionals/ucm165489.htm. Accessed April 27, 2015.