Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments that treat this condition
Mayo Clinic researchers are conducting studies that may help:
- Define the mechanisms of amyloid formation
- Find biomarkers for AL amyloidosis
- Improve methods for identifying amyloid type
- Investigate outcomes for standard compared with high-dose chemotherapy combined with stem cell transplant
- Discover antibodies with the potential to dissolve amyloid deposits
Mayo Clinic researchers also conduct clinical trials of new amyloidosis treatments. Read more about research in the Mayo Clinic Protein Misfolding Laboratory.
See a list of publications by Mayo Clinic doctors on amyloidosis on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Amyloidosis care at Mayo Clinic
July 07, 2017