Care at Mayo Clinic for children with ADHD
Each year, more than 1,600 children and teenagers with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) are treated by experts at Mayo Clinic's campus in Minnesota. The clinic for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is part of the Mayo Clinic Children's Center.
Team approach tailored to your child's needs
Mayo Clinic's campus in Minnesota offers a pediatric clinic for children ages 3 to 18 years of age who have ADHD. This multispecialty team provides a comprehensive diagnostic evaluation — including a new or second opinion — and a comprehensive treatment plan.
Mayo's Child and Adolescent ADHD Clinic offers a variety of services, including:
- Comprehensive evaluation
- Medication management
- Behavioral management strategies for parents
- Advanced skills in parent-child interaction
- Social skills training for children
- Behavioral control strategies for children and teenagers
- Individual and group therapies for ADHD
Depending on your child's needs, your care team may include specialists in other areas who work together to evaluate and treat your child.
If you live outside the area, when your child leaves Mayo Clinic, your team members can consult with your hometown doctor to adjust the treatment plan as needed.
Expertise and rankings
Using a team approach to care, the Child and Adolescent ADHD Clinic at Mayo Clinic's campus in Minnesota:
- Provides coordinated care in a multispecialty clinic for children and teens with ADHD
- Offers comprehensive evaluation, medication management, and individual and group therapies for ADHD
- Offers a parenting group, behavior management for children with ADHD, social skills training and other comprehensive services
- Coordinates care with other programs and services at Mayo Clinic when needed
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, is ranked as one of the top psychiatry hospitals in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
Locations, travel and lodging
Mayo Clinic has major campuses in Phoenix and Scottsdale, Arizona; Jacksonville, Florida; and Rochester, Minnesota. The Mayo Clinic Health System has dozens of locations in several states.
For more information on visiting Mayo Clinic, choose your location below:
Costs and insurance
Mayo Clinic works with hundreds of insurance companies and is an in-network provider for millions of people.
In most cases, Mayo Clinic doesn't require a physician referral. Some insurers require referrals, or may have additional requirements for certain medical care. All appointments are prioritized on the basis of medical need.
Learn more about appointments at Mayo Clinic.
Please contact your insurance company to verify medical coverage and to obtain any needed authorization prior to your visit. Often, your insurer's customer service number is printed on the back of your insurance card.