Mayo Clinic's urologists work together to provide individualized care to each patient.
Watch Mayo Clinic urology experts discuss the latest in diagnosis and treatment on YouTube
Mayo Clinic's premier urology practice excels in diagnosing and treating problems involving the male and female urinary tract and the male reproductive organs. From curing cancer to restoring fertility, treating kidney stones to addressing incontinence, the care Mayo Clinic urology experts deliver touches all aspects of life.
Mayo Clinic's Department of Urology is composed of multiple subspecialty trained urologists, who have additional training in specialized surgical techniques. Our skilled team of experts works collaboratively with other specialty areas at Mayo Clinic — including internal medicine, pediatrics, gynecology, geriatrics and oncology — to provide highly complex care individualized to the needs of the patient.
Mayo Clinic's physicians in the Department of Urology are leaders in research that enhances the capability to offer the most advanced treatments available. This experienced team of doctors has pioneered many novel approaches to surgery that have become the current standard of care.
Latest diagnosis and treatment options
Mayo Clinic care teams are equipped with the latest in technology and expertise to provide leading-edge diagnosis and treatment techniques.
The Department of Urology at Mayo Clinic has a strong legacy of urologic disease research, which is focused on developing newer and more-innovative approaches to treatment that improve patient outcomes and quality of life.
Mayo Clinic urologists are actively researching a wide range of urologic conditions, including:
People seeking care at Mayo Clinic have a chance to participate in urology clinical trials that may allow them access to novel therapies that aren't yet approved by the Food and Drug Administration.
Mayo Clinic's Department of Urology maintains multiple registries for cancerous (malignant) and noncancerous (benign) urologic conditions. Combined, these registries represent data from more than 70,000 patients, making them one of the largest continuous patient-tracking efforts in the world. Mayo Clinic urologists and researchers have published multiple studies based on registry data, with findings that have had practice-changing effects.
Mayo Clinic urologists work with experts and health care providers in many specialties to provide expert, personalized care.
Mayo Clinic urologists provide life-saving, life-extending and quality of life-improving care to patients of all ages. At Mayo Clinic, you have access to a full range of treatment options, including standard and experimental treatments. Mayo Clinic urologists embrace a team approach, collaborating with experts across all specialties to provide the best outcome for each patient.
Mayo Clinic urologists are happy to work with local physicians to allow patients to transition their care closer to home.
As part of their mission to provide unparalleled care, the Department of Urology also works closely with these groups:
- The Center for Individualized Medicine at Mayo Clinic, which focuses on the genomic, molecular, and cellular interactions at the foundation of life and disease
- The Center for Regenerative Medicine at Mayo Clinic, which pioneers new approaches to rejuvenation and regeneration to develop next-generation reparative solutions
- The Center for Innovation at Mayo Clinic, which transforms the experience and delivery of health and health care with a patient-centered focus
- The Robert D. and Patricia E. Kern Center for the Science of Health Care Delivery, which combines innovation, continuous improvement, implementation science and research-quality methodologies to improve health care delivery
- Basic science researchers in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, the Center for Advanced Imaging Research, the Center for Immunology and Immune Therapies and other departments
Mayo Clinic's specially trained urologists offer the latest in surgical approaches.
Novel treatment approaches
Mayo Clinic's premier urology practice excels in delivering highly complex care individualized to the needs of the patient. The exceptional range of our urologists' expertise allows us to provide innovative surgical services that in some cases aren't available anywhere else.
Mayo Clinic's Department of Urology offers specialty services in many areas, including:
- Urologic oncology. Mayo Clinic urologists treat kidney cancer, bladder cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, penile cancer, ureteral and renal pelvic cancers, retroperitoneal and pelvic sarcomas, Wilms' tumors, pediatric sarcomas, and other cancers.
- Andrology, impotence and infertility. Fertility preservation and restoration, penile reconstruction, and both invasive and noninvasive therapies for erectile dysfunction are among the services offered.
- Pediatric urology. The pediatric urologists at Mayo Clinic expertly treat urologic conditions in children, including voiding dysfunction, reconstruction of the urinary tract, urologic cancers and correction of birth defects (congenital anomalies) of the urinary tract.
- Endourology and stone disease. Mayo Clinic urologists offer minimally invasive and noninvasive management of kidney stones and other urinary tract stones.
- Neurourology and reconstructive urology. Mayo Clinic urologists care for people who have neurologic conditions affecting the urinary system. Mayo Clinic urologists also offer reconstruction for people who have experienced trauma or injury of the urinary tract.
- Men's health conditions. Mayo Clinic urologists provide care for a wide range of conditions affecting men's health, including benign prostatic hyperplasia, voiding dysfunction, urinary incontinence, and prostate cancer screening and prevention.
- Women's health conditions. Mayo Clinic urologists have experience in female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery, such as restoring urinary continence, correcting pelvic organ prolapse and treating other conditions that affect a woman's urinary tract and pelvic organs.
Mayo Clinic urologists have the experience and resources to provide expert, personalized care to every patient.
Mayo Clinic urologists have extensive experience in treating a large number of patients with all urologic conditions.
Patients we see often have issues that other institutions aren't able to diagnose or cure. At Mayo Clinic, our experienced urologists deliver the right care the first time, resulting in the highest treatment success rates.
Care focused on your needs
At Mayo Clinic, you receive individualized, comprehensive care for urologic diseases and conditions. Our urologists have integrity and are committed to doing what is medically best for every patient. We'll take time to listen to your concerns and tailor an evaluation and treatment to fit your needs.
You benefit from a multidisciplinary team whose highly collaborative approach has achieved unparalleled surgical outcomes.
Mayo Clinic Health System clinics, hospitals and health care facilities serve more than 60 communities in Iowa, Wisconsin and Minnesota. These sites bring Mayo Clinic urology care to their local communities.
Care focused on you
At Mayo Clinic, your doctor takes the time to listen to you and understand your needs.
Mayo Clinic in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Ariz., and Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. In addition, Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., Mayo Clinic in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Ariz., and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for urology.
Oct. 16, 2019