Oncologists at Mayo Clinic are consistently recognized by external organizations for providing outstanding patient care. These endorsements reinforce our commitment to providing expert, whole-person care to everyone who needs healing.
Nationally recognized expertise
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., has been recognized as one of the top cancer hospitals in the nation by U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Ariz., is ranked as the top hospital in Arizona and is nationally ranked in 11 medical specialties. Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., was ranked the top hospital in Jacksonville.
- The Mayo Clinic Cancer Center is one of 69 U.S. medical centers that have been named National Cancer Institute (NCI) cancer centers. The Mayo Clinic Cancer Center has held this NCI designation since 1973. Mayo Clinic has also met even more-rigorous standards for designation by the NCI as a comprehensive cancer center. These standards include basic laboratory research; participation in high-priority NCI clinical studies; applied and clinical research; cancer prevention and control programs; education and training of health care professionals; public information services; and community service and outreach.
- The NCI recognizes 10 formal programs to the Mayo Clinic Cancer Center, comprising cancer immunology and immunotherapy; cancer prevention and control; cell biology; developmental therapeutics; gastrointestinal cancer; genetic epidemiology and risk assessment; gene and virus therapy; hematologic malignancies; neuro-oncology; and women's cancer.
- Mayo Clinic's campus in Florida is accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers.
- Mayo Clinic's campus in Florida is one of four sites in Florida to receive the Cancer Center of Excellence Designation from the state of Florida. This designation recognizes providers that demonstrate excellence in patient-centered coordinated care for people undergoing cancer treatment in Florida.
- Mayo Clinic's Center for Individualized Medicine focuses on the genomic, molecular, and cellular interactions at the foundation of life and disease.
- Mayo Clinic's Center for Regenerative Medicine pioneers new approaches to rejuvenation and regenerations to develop next-generation reparative solutions.
- Mayo Clinic's Robert D. and Patricia E. Kern Center for the Science of Health Care Delivery combines innovation, continuous improvement, implementation science and research-quality methodologies to improve health care delivery.
March 21, 2020