The Division of Colon and Rectal Surgery has a very limited number of research trainee positions available in Rochester, Minnesota.
Please note the following requirements to be considered for a research trainee. You must:
- Currently be a medical student, resident or fellow or have completed surgical training
- Have a mentor in the department
- Stay in Rochester for three months to one year
- Provide three recommendation letters
- Have financial means to support yourself during your traineeship
- Have your own funding
You cannot observe in the clinical or operating room settings unless your sponsor completes the appropriate internal form and the Mayo Clinic Research Committee approves your request.
The division currently has no basic science laboratory research. However, the division maintains strong collaborations with Mayo Clinic basic science laboratories involved in colorectal-related research.
The division can accommodate up to three research trainees or visiting physicians at any one time in order to have adequate space for everyone.
To be considered for a research trainee position, please:
- Review the criteria above
- Complete the trainee request form
April 28, 2017
- Brown AY. Allscripts EPSI. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Feb. 2, 2017.