To help people with a wide range of allergic diseases, allergy specialists at Mayo Clinic locations offer comprehensive treatment for asthma, hay fever (allergic rhinitis), food allergy, medication (drug) allergy, latex allergy, primary immunodeficiency, chronic sinusitis, stinging insect allergy, eosinophil-associated diseases and other allergic responses.
Because everyone has unique needs, Mayo Clinic specialists begin most allergy consultations with a comprehensive look at your history and a physical examination. The doctor takes the time necessary to listen to what is important to you and your concerns.
Mayo Clinic individualizes testing to your specific situation and may include:
- Allergy skin testing
- Pulmonary function tests
- Methacholine bronchial challenge tests
- Endoscope exams of the nose and upper airway
To make it most convenient for you, the Allergy Division conducts most testing in the allergy clinic so that you don't have to travel from location to location to get the care you need.
Based on those test results and your needs, Mayo Clinic allergy specialists work with you to develop a treatment plan tailored to you.
Why choose Mayo Clinic
- Experience. Mayo Clinic has a long history as a leader in treating allergic disorders. Each year more than 10,000 people are treated by Mayo Clinic allergists.
- Expertise. Doctors have expertise in diagnosing and treating both simple and complex allergic conditions.
- Team approach. To meet each person's unique needs, your care might include appointments with clinicians trained in multiple subspecialties.
June 04, 2020