Dr. Rajal Mehta is a board certified physician in Internal Medicine and Geriatrics practicing for 20 years. Her experience includes:
- Management of chronic diseases age 18 and above includes: hypertension, diabetes, lipid disorders, asthma and multiple complexities
- Well woman exams and physicals focused on wellness and life style modifications.
- Geriatric evaluations as needed for patients and consults from the community.
- Complex coordination of care and diagnoses of unresolved issues.
- Helping patients to understand the disease and empower them and make it team work.
- Modify the plan of care to meet each patient's unique expectations of living with chronic diseases.
- Strive to have better communication with patients to resolve issues.
In addition, she is involved in teaching the medical residents which she enjoys outside of patient care.
- Geriatrics: Find it interesting to approach, evaluate and manage focusing on quality of life.
- Teaching: To pursue and contribute. Engaging with medical students and residents is enriching mutually.
Mayo Clinic locations
Fellowship - Geriatric MedicineUniversity of Nebraska Medical Center
Resident - Internal MedicineLong Island College Hospital NY
MBBSPramukh Swami Medical College
Activities and honors
Geriatric MedicineAmerican Board of Internal Medicine
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal Medicine
MemberResidents' Quality Assurance Committee, Long Island College Hospital
MemberPeer Review Committee, Kansas Foundation of Medical Care