Your doctor may recommend scans after brachytherapy to determine whether treatment was successful. What types of scans you undergo will depend on the type and location of your cancer.
July 18, 2017
- Brachytherapy. RadiologyInfo.org. https://www.radiologyinfo.org/en/info.cfm?pg=brachy. Accessed April 2, 2017.
- Radiation therapy and you: Support for people with cancer. National Cancer Institute. https://www.cancer.gov/publications/patient-education/radiation-therapy-and-you. Accessed April 2, 2017.
- Brachytherapy. RT Answers. http://www.rtanswers.org/Brachytherapy/. Accessed April 2, 2017.
- Riggin EA. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Feb. 9, 2017.
- Gunderson LL, et al., eds. Brachytherapy. In: Clinical Radiation Oncology. 4th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2016. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Jan. 4, 2017.