Before you begin brachytherapy, you may meet with a doctor who specializes in treating cancer with radiation (radiation oncologist). You may also undergo scans to help your doctor determine your treatment plan.
Procedures such as X-rays or computerized tomography (CT) may be performed before brachytherapy.
Jul. 24, 2014
- Brachytherapy. RadiologyInfo.org. http://www.radiologyinfo.org/en/info.cfm?pg=brachy. Accessed April 5, 2014.
- Radiation therapy and you: Support for people with cancer. National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/coping/radiation-therapy-and-you. Accessed April 5, 2014.
- Brachytherapy. RT Answers. http://www.rtanswers.org/treatmentinformation/treatmenttypes/brachytherapy.aspx. Accessed April 5, 2014.
- Riggin EA. Decision support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 4, 2014.
- Gunderson LL, et al. Clinical Radiation Oncology. 3rd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed March 5, 2014.