Mayo Clinic's approach
- Collaboration. Mayo Clinic's plastic surgery team will take time to explain all your options and every aspect of your care, including cost and complications, and to address your questions and concerns. Mayo Clinic's plastic surgeons work closely with doctors from other specialties to offer patients comprehensive medical care to meet their reconstructive and cosmetic surgical needs.
- Expertise. Your tummy tuck will be done by board-certified plastic surgeons.
- Technology. Cosmetic surgery patients have access to the same world-class medical professionals, facilities and technology and the same level of service that is available to every Mayo Clinic patient.
Expertise and rankings
Your tummy tuck will be done by Mayo Clinic doctors specially trained in plastic surgery procedures.
Locations, travel and lodging
Mayo Clinic has major campuses in Phoenix and Scottsdale, Arizona; Jacksonville, Florida; and Rochester, Minnesota. The Mayo Clinic Health System has dozens of locations in several states.
For more information on visiting Mayo Clinic, choose your location below:
Costs and insurance
Mayo Clinic works with hundreds of insurance companies and is an in-network provider for millions of people.
In most cases, Mayo Clinic doesn't require a physician referral. Some insurers require referrals, or may have additional requirements for certain medical care. All appointments are prioritized on the basis of medical need.
Learn more about appointments at Mayo Clinic.
Please contact your insurance company to verify medical coverage and to obtain any needed authorization prior to your visit. Often, your insurer's customer service number is printed on the back of your insurance card.
Explore Mayo Clinic studies of tests and procedures to help prevent, detect, treat or manage conditions.
July 20, 2019
- AskMayoExpert. Abdominoplasty. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research;2019.
- Tummy tuck — Abdominoplasty. American Society of Plastic Surgeons. https://www.plasticsurgery.org/cosmetic-procedures/tummy-tuck#content. Accessed May 29, 2019.
- Neligan PC, et al., eds. Abdominoplasty procedures. In: Plastic Surgery. 4th ed. London, U.K.: Elsevier; 2018. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed May 29, 2019.
- Tummy tuck guide. American Board of Plastic Surgery. https://www.americanboardcosmeticsurgery.org/procedure-learning-center/body/tummy-tuck-guide/. Accessed May 29, 2019.
Products & Services