Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
Areas that research this procedure
Doctors who perform this procedure
Displaying 1-1 out of 1 doctors available
- Rochester, MN
Areas of focus:
Fitting of prosthesis, Dental implant surgery
Mayo Clinic has analyzed and published the results of implant care, including long-term studies on the effectiveness of this surgery and restorative treatment. Published results allow others to learn from Mayo's experience, benefiting people everywhere.
See a list of publications about dental implant surgery by Mayo doctors on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine
Dental implant surgery care at Mayo Clinic
Jan. 29, 2019
- Dental implants FAQs. American College of Prosthodontists. https://www.gotoapro.org/dental-implants-faq/. Accessed Nov. 7, 2018.
- Dental implants. American Academy of Periodontology. https://www.perio.org/consumer/dental-implants. Accessed Nov. 7, 2018.
- Carr AB, et al. Early implant failure associated with patient factors, surgical manipulations, and systemic conditions. Journal of Prosthodontics. In press. Accessed Nov. 8, 2018.
- Dental implants: How they work. American Academy of Implant Dentistry. https://www.aaid-implant.org/dental-implants/what-are-dental-implants/. Accessed Nov. 8, 2018.
- Monje A, et al. Impact of maintenance therapy for the prevention of peri-implant diseases: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Journal of Dental Research. 2016;95:372.
- Muelas-Jimenez M, et al. Long-term survival of dental implants with different prosthetic loading times in healthy patients: A 5-year retrospective clinical study. Journal of Prosthodontics. 2017;26:99.
- Brown A. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 9, 2018.
- Papageorgiou SN, et al. Comparative effectiveness of natural and synthetic bone grafts in oral and maxillofacial surgery prior to insertion of dental implants: Systematic review and network meta-analysis of parallel and cluster randomized controlled trials. Journal of Dentistry. 2016;48:1.
- Zhou W, et al. Feasibility of dental implant replacement in failed sites: A systematic review. International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Implants. 2016;31:535.
- Oral and craniomaxillofacial implant surgery 2017. American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons. https://www.aaoms.org/practice-resources/aaoms-advocacy-and-position-statements/clinical-resources. Accessed Nov. 9, 2018.
- Salinas TJ (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Dec. 16, 2018.
Products & Services