Mayo Clinic's approach
At Mayo Clinic, we assemble a team of specialists who take the time to listen and thoroughly understand your health issues and concerns. We tailor the care you receive to your personal health care needs. You can trust our specialists to collaborate and offer you the best possible outcomes, safety and service.
- Teamwork. Mayo Clinic eye surgeons (ophthalmologists) have training in cornea surgery in addition to general ophthalmology. We're constantly working together toward innovation through medical research, finding solutions to improve your care and quality of life. Your Mayo Clinic medical team is likely involved in research related to your condition.
- Experience. Mayo Clinic eye surgeons (ophthalmologists) have training in cornea surgery in addition to general ophthalmology. Mayo Clinic doctors perform about 168 cornea transplants each year.
- Advanced technology. Ophthalmologists at Mayo Clinic offer the most current technology and most advanced treatment options available for cornea transplant, including full-thickness cornea transplant and partial-thickness cornea transplant.
- Research. Mayo Clinic researchers conduct studies of cornea function and transplant tissue survival and conduct clinical trials. This emphasis on research increases the treatment choices available at Mayo Clinic.
- Nationally recognized expertise. Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, is ranked high performing for ophthalmology by U.S. News & World Report.
Expertise and rankings
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., is ranked high performing for ophthalmology by U.S. News & World Report.
Learn more about clinical cornea research at Mayo Clinic's Department of Ophthalmology.
Locations, travel and lodging
Mayo Clinic has major campuses in Phoenix and Scottsdale, Arizona; Jacksonville, Florida; and Rochester, Minnesota. The Mayo Clinic Health System has dozens of locations in several states.
For more information on visiting Mayo Clinic, choose your location below:
Costs and insurance
Mayo Clinic works with hundreds of insurance companies and is an in-network provider for millions of people.
In most cases, Mayo Clinic doesn't require a physician referral. Some insurers require referrals, or may have additional requirements for certain medical care. All appointments are prioritized on the basis of medical need.
Learn more about appointments at Mayo Clinic.
Please contact your insurance company to verify medical coverage and to obtain any needed authorization prior to your visit. Often, your insurer's customer service number is printed on the back of your insurance card.
Explore Mayo Clinic studies testing new treatments, interventions and tests as a means to prevent, detect, treat or manage this disease.