Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
Doctors who perform this procedure
Displaying 1-1 out of 1 doctors available
- Rochester, MN
Areas of focus:
Bone marrow biopsy and aspiration, Bone marrow donation, Bone marrow transplant, Cancer, Leukemia
see full list in profile
Dec. 20, 2018
- Stem cell transplant for cancer. American Cancer Society. https://www.cancer.org/treatment/treatments-and-side-effects/treatment-types/stem-cell-transplant.html. Accessed May 7, 2018.
- Blood-forming stem cell transplants. National Cancer Institute. https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/treatment/types/stem-cell-transplant/stem-cell-fact-sheet. Accessed May 7, 2018.
- FAQs about joining. National Marrow Donor Program. https://bethematch.org/support-the-cause/donate-bone-marrow/join-the-marrow-registry/faqs-about-joining/. Accessed May 7, 2018.
- Filgrastim. Micromedex 2.0 Healthcare Series. http://www.micromedexsolutions.com/. Accessed May 7, 2018.
- HLA matching. National Marrow Donor Program. https://bethematch.org/patients-and-families/before-transplant/find-a-donor/hla-matching/. Accessed May 7, 2018.
- Myths and facts about bone marrow donation. National Marrow Donor Program. https://bethematch.org/transplant-basics/how-marrow-donation-works/myths-and-facts-about-bone-marrow-donation/. Accessed May 7, 2018.
- Negrin RS. Donor selection for hematopoietic cell transplantation. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed May 7, 2018.
- AskMayoExpert. Hematopoietic stem cell transplant. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2017.
Blood and bone marrow stem cell donation