Below are current clinical trials.2 studies in Biofeedback
(open studies only).
Filter this list of studies by location, status and more.
The purpose of this study is to evaluate motions and forces performed in a manual wheelchair that are most likely to lead to the development of pain or pathology and determine the feasibility of strategies to modify movements and decrease risk.
This study will validate a bowel diary to be used for a forthcoming study comparing effectiveness of biofeedback, sacral nerve stimulation, and injectable bulking agents for the treatment of fecal incontinence (FI).
Jan. 14, 2016
- Waldman SD. Biofeedback. In: Pain Management. 2nd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2011. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Nov. 2, 2015.
- Frank DL, et al. Biofeedback in medicine: Who, when, why and how? Mental Health in Family Medicine. 2010;7:85.
- Biofeedback. Biofeedback Certification International Alliance. http://www.bcia.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=3524. Accessed Nov. 2, 2015.
- Glick RM, et al. Biofeedback and primary care. Primary Care Clinics in Office Practice. 2010;37:91.
- Rao SSC, et al. ANMS-ESNM position paper and consensus guidelines on biofeedback therapy for anorectal disorders. Neurogastroenterology and Motility. 2015;27:594.
- Rakel D. Headache. In: Integrative Medicine. 3rd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Nov. 2, 2015.
- AskMayoExpert. Biofeedback. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2015.
- 6 things to know when selecting a complementary health practitioner. National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health. https://nccih.nih.gov/health/tips/selecting. Accessed Nov. 2, 2015.
- Find a practitioner. Association for Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback. http://www.aapb.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=3442. Accessed Nov. 2, 2015.
- Whitney A. Biofeedback: A way to gain some control over pain. Current Pain Perspectives. 2014;63:S12.
- Consumer alerts. Association for Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback. http://www.aapb.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=3444. Accessed Nov. 4, 2015.
- Whited A, et al. Effectiveness of emWave biofeedback in improving heart rate variability reactivity to and recovery from stress. Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback. 2014;39:75.
- Lutz B. An institutional case study: Emotion regulation with Heartmath at Santa Cruz Country Children's Mental Health. Global Advances in Health and Medicine. 2014;3:68.
- Bauer BA (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Nov. 11, 2015.