Heel pain usually affects the underside or back of your heel. Although heel pain is rarely a symptom of a serious condition, it can interfere with your normal activities, particularly exercise.
Jan. 11, 2018
- Buchbinder R. Plantar fasciitis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 14, 2015.
- Heel pain. American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons. http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00159. Accessed Dec. 14, 2015.
- Chorley J, et al. Heel pain in the active child or skeletally immature adolescent: Overview of causes. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 14, 2015.
- Heel pain. American Podiatric Medical Association. http://www.apma.org/Learn/FootHealth.cfm?ItemNumber=985. Accessed Dec. 14, 2015.
- Agyekum EK, et al. Heel pain: A systematic review. Chinese Journal of Traumatology. 2015;18:164.
- Thomas JL, et al. The diagnosis and treatment of heel pain: A clinical practice guideline — Revision 2010. Journal of Foot & Ankle Surgery. 2010;49:S1.
- Wilkinson JM (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Dec. 18, 2015.