Make an appointment to see your health care provider if you're concerned about persistently cold hands. Your provider can check if your cold hands are caused by a problem with your blood flow or nerves. Treatment is aimed at the underlying cause of your cold hands. Depending on your condition, your provider may recommend lifestyle changes to help improve symptoms.
June 23, 2022
From Mayo Clinic to your inbox
Sign up for free, and stay up to date on research advancements, health tips and current health topics, like COVID-19, plus expertise on managing health.
ErrorEmail field is required
ErrorInclude a valid email address
To provide you with the most relevant and helpful information, and understand which
information is beneficial, we may combine your email and website usage information with
other information we have about you. If you are a Mayo Clinic patient, this could
include protected health information. If we combine this information with your protected
health information, we will treat all of that information as protected health
information and will only use or disclose that information as set forth in our notice of
privacy practices. You may opt-out of email communications at any time by clicking on
the unsubscribe link in the e-mail.
Thank you for subscribing
Our Housecall e-newsletter will keep you up-to-date on the latest health information.
Sorry something went wrong with your subscription
Please, try again in a couple of minutes
- Raynaud's. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health-topics/raynauds. Accessed Jan. 21, 2021.
- Buerger disease. Genetics and Rare Diseases Information Center. https://rarediseases.info.nih.gov/diseases/5969/buerger-disease. Accessed Jan. 21, 2021.
- Wallace DJ, et al. Overview of the clinical manifestations of systemic lupus erythematosus in adults. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed Jan. 21, 2021.
- Prevent hypothermia and frostbite. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. https://www.cdc.gov/disasters/winter/staysafe/hypothermia.html. Accessed Jan. 21, 2021.
- Anemia. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health-topics/anemia. Accessed Jan. 21, 2021.
- Peripheral neuropathy. American Diabetes Association. https://www.diabetes.org/diabetes/complications/neuropathy/peripheral-neuropathy. Accessed Jan. 21, 2021.
- Scleroderma. National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases. http://www.niams.nih.gov/Health_Info/Scleroderma/default.asp. Accessed Jan. 21, 2021.
- Varga J. Clinical manifestations and diagnosis of systemic sclerosis (scleroderma) in adults. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed Jan. 21, 2021.