Stress incontinence care at Mayo Clinic
Your Mayo Clinic care team
Urologists and urogynecologists at Mayo Clinic provide expert care for female patients of all ages who experience problems of the urinary tract. Urologists also provide specialized treatment for men of all ages who have incontinence.
Advanced diagnosis and treatment
Mayo Clinic doctors are leaders in clinical research, allowing for the most advanced diagnosis and treatment available.
Specialty services offered through urology and urogynecology include:
- Urodynamic evaluation
- Stress urinary incontinence diagnosis and treatment
- Minimally invasive injection therapies
- Management of mesh complications
- Urge urinary incontinence diagnosis and treatment
- Overactive bladder diagnosis and treatment
- Botox injections of the urinary tract
- Neuromodulation for the urinary tract
- Pelvic organ prolapse with or without incontinence diagnosis and treatment
Nationally recognized and expertise
Many Mayo Clinic urologists have advanced training and subspecialty certification in female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery from the American Board of Urology. Urogynecologists at Mayo Clinic also have advanced training and certification in female urology. Nearly 2,700 people receive care for stress incontinence at Mayo Clinic each year.
Expertise and rankings
Mayo Clinic's experts in stress incontinence treat almost 2,700 people with the condition each year.
- Training and experience. Mayo Clinic doctors who specialize in urinary incontinence have extra training in bladder and urinary function and, in many cases, see only people with incontinence. As a result, they have extensive expertise in treating urinary incontinence, including fixing treatments done elsewhere that have failed.
- Teamwork. Because of their experience and Mayo Clinic's extensive system, Mayo Clinic specialists are able to quickly and efficiently diagnose your problem and offer treatment. It's not uncommon to have an evaluation one day and corrective surgery the next, if that's what you want. If other medical problems are identified during an evaluation, an appointment can be quickly arranged with another doctor who specializes in that condition.
- Research expertise. As Mayo Clinic is a research institution, Mayo Clinic doctors are continually studying how to improve the diagnosis and treatment of incontinence. You benefit from those treated previously, and your treatment contributes to knowledge for the future.
Locations, travel and lodging
Mayo Clinic has major campuses in Phoenix and Scottsdale, Arizona; Jacksonville, Florida; and Rochester, Minnesota. The Mayo Clinic Health System has dozens of locations in several states.
For more information on visiting Mayo Clinic, choose your location below:
Costs and insurance
Mayo Clinic works with hundreds of insurance companies and is an in-network provider for millions of people.
In most cases, Mayo Clinic doesn't require a physician referral. Some insurers require referrals, or may have additional requirements for certain medical care. All appointments are prioritized on the basis of medical need.
Learn more about appointments at Mayo Clinic.
Please contact your insurance company to verify medical coverage and to obtain any needed authorization prior to your visit. Often, your insurer's customer service number is printed on the back of your insurance card.
Nov. 18, 2017