REM sleep behavior disorder care at Mayo Clinic
- Multispecialty teamwork. Doctors trained in brain and nervous system conditions (neurology), lung and breathing conditions (pulmonary medicine), mental health conditions (psychiatry), and other specialties collaborate to diagnose and treat REM sleep behavior disorder.
- Comprehensive care. Sleep specialists are involved in every stage of your sleep evaluation, from the initial examination, through comprehensive testing and therapy, to follow-up care. In addition, the Center for Sleep Medicine on the Minnesota campus diagnoses and treats children who have sleep disorders.
- Experience. Mayo Clinic doctors treat hundreds of people each year who have REM sleep behavior disorder. Each Mayo Clinic location — in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota — offers a sleep medicine center accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine and staffed by specialists trained in treating sleep disorders.
- Research. Mayo Clinic researchers actively study REM sleep behavior disorder and other sleep disorders to help determine the most appropriate treatment options.
Expertise and rankings
- Expertise. Each Mayo Clinic location — in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota — offers a sleep medicine center accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine and staffed by experts in sleep disorders.
- Mayo Sleep Questionnaire. Mayo Clinic researchers developed and use the Mayo Sleep Questionnaire for the diagnosis of many types of sleep disorders.
- Research. The multispecialty team of pulmonologists, neurologists, psychiatrists and other specialties as needed are engaged in an array of clinical, educational and research activities on sleep disorders. Researchers study new diagnosis and treatment options for sleep disorders. You may have the opportunity to participate in clinical trials.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for neurology and neurosurgery in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Ariz., is ranked highly performing for neurology and neurosurgery by U.S. News & World Report.
Learn more about Mayo Clinic's Center for Sleep Medicine in Minnesota, Sleep Disorders Center in Arizona, and Sleep Disorders Center in Florida.
Locations, travel and lodging
Mayo Clinic has major campuses in Phoenix and Scottsdale, Arizona; Jacksonville, Florida; and Rochester, Minnesota. The Mayo Clinic Health System has dozens of locations in several states.
For more information on visiting Mayo Clinic, choose your location below:
Costs and insurance
Mayo Clinic works with hundreds of insurance companies and is an in-network provider for millions of people.
In most cases, Mayo Clinic doesn't require a physician referral. Some insurers require referrals, or may have additional requirements for certain medical care. All appointments are prioritized on the basis of medical need.
Learn more about appointments at Mayo Clinic.
Please contact your insurance company to verify medical coverage and to obtain any needed authorization prior to your visit. Often, your insurer's customer service number is printed on the back of your insurance card.
Jan. 18, 2018