Kawasaki disease care at Mayo Clinic
- Your Mayo Clinic care team. At Mayo Clinic, a team of doctors trained in pediatric cardiology, cardiovascular medicine, cardiovascular surgery and infectious diseases, and others care for children who have Kawasaki disease.
- Diagnosis experience. Because Kawasaki disease isn't a common condition, and its symptoms overlap those of many other diseases, experience in diagnosing the disease is crucial. Each year, Mayo Clinic doctors care for dozens of children with Kawasaki disease.
- Pediatric cardiology expertise. Mayo Clinic doctors trained in treating children with heart disease (pediatric cardiologists) have treated heart disease in children for more than 60 years at Mayo Clinic's campus in Minnesota. Children needing hospitalization receive care at Mayo Eugenio Litta Children's Hospital at Mayo Clinic's campus in Minnesota in a warm, caring environment specially designed for their comfort.
- Continuing care. Mayo Clinic doctors will evaluate your child's condition with regular echocardiograms and appointments. If your child needs further care, Mayo Clinic doctors will continue long-term follow-up appointments and testing to monitor your child as long as needed.
Expertise and rankings
Experience and expertise
Doctors at Mayo Clinic have extensive experience and expertise evaluating and treating people with cardiovascular conditions. Doctors at Mayo Clinic's campus in Minnesota have been treating heart conditions in children for more than 60 years.
Nationally recognized expertise
Mayo Clinic campuses are nationally recognized for expertise in cardiology and cardiovascular surgery:
- Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., is ranked among the Best Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report.
- Mayo Clinic Children's Center in Rochester, Minn., is ranked among the Best Children's Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report.
- Mayo Clinic in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Ariz., and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report.
Learn more about Mayo Clinic's cardiac surgery and cardiovascular diseases departments' expertise and rankings.
Locations, travel and lodging
Mayo Clinic has major campuses in Phoenix and Scottsdale, Arizona; Jacksonville, Florida; and Rochester, Minnesota. The Mayo Clinic Health System has dozens of locations in several states.
For more information on visiting Mayo Clinic, choose your location below:
Costs and insurance
Mayo Clinic works with hundreds of insurance companies and is an in-network provider for millions of people.
In most cases, Mayo Clinic doesn't require a physician referral. Some insurers require referrals, or may have additional requirements for certain medical care. All appointments are prioritized on the basis of medical need.
Learn more about appointments at Mayo Clinic.
Please contact your insurance company to verify medical coverage and to obtain any needed authorization prior to your visit. Often, your insurer's customer service number is printed on the back of your insurance card.