Rupert Stanborough M.D., is a radiologist with specialty training in musculoskeletal imaging and intervention. His clinical interests include:
- Expertise in diagnostic musculoskeletal radiology, including interpreting musculoskeletal MRI, MRI arthrography, MRI neurography, CT, CT arthrography, Dual-energy CT, radiographs and ultrasound.
- Diagnosing bone and soft tissue tumors with percutaneous biopsies using image guidance (CT, Ultrasound, and Fluoroscopy).
- Treatment of bone and soft tissue tumors with percutaneous ablation and cementoplasty.
- Treatment of joint pain with intra-articular joint steroid injections, joint aspirations and tenography.
- Participation in the multidisciplinary care of sports injuries, orthopedic oncology, rheumatology, and trauma.
In addition to his clinical activities, Dr. Stanborough actively participates in the education of radiology residents and musculoskeletal imaging fellows.
Mayo Clinic locations
Fellowship - Musculoskeletal Radiology and InterventionMallinckrodt Institute of Radiology
Residency - Diagnostic Radiology (with Translational Internship Year)University of Tennessee College of Medicine
Chief Resident - RadiologyUniversity of Tennessee College of Medicine
MDUniversity of Tennessee Health Science Center
BS - BiochemistryUniversity of Tennessee
Activities and honors
Awards and honors
Academic Excellence AwardGraduate School of Medicine, University of Tennessee
Howard Gould MD Clinical Excellence AwardGraduate School of Medicine, University of Tennessee
Resident Teaching AwardGraduate School of Medicine, University of Tennessee
Best Original ResearchGraduate School of Medicine, University of Tennessee
Professionalism AwardGraduate School of Medicine, University of Tennessee
- 2050 - present
MemberAmerican College of Radiology