Matthew R. Powell, Ph.D., L.P.
- Powell MR, Brown AW, Klunk D, Geske JR, Krishnan K, Green C, Bergquist TF. Injury Severity and Depressive Symptoms in a Post-acute Brain Injury Rehabilitation Sample. J Clin Psychol Med Settings. 2019 Dec; 26 (4):470-482
- Long Z, Bruesewitz MR, Sheedy EN, Powell MA, Kramer JC, Supalla RR, Colvin CM, Bechel JR, Favazza CP, Kofler JM, Leng S, McCollough CH, Yu L. Technical Note: Display window setting: An important factor for detecting subtle but clinically relevant artifacts in daily CT quality control. Med Phys. 2016 Dec; 43: (12)6413.
- Bergquist T, Wehde A, Krishnan K, Powell M, Milburn A, Brown A. Assessing the correlations between the caregiver burden scale, mood, life satisfaction, and coping skills in traumatic brain injury (TBI) patients...2016 ACRM / American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine annual conference 30 October - 4 November 2016, Chicago, IL Archives of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. 2016; 97: (12)e35-6.
- Bergquist T, Wehde A, Krishnan K, Powell M, Milburn A, Brown A. Comparisons between admission and discharge data in traumatic brain injury participants completing the brain injury coping skills (BICS) intervention program...2016 ACRM / American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine Annual Conference 30 October - 4 November 2016, Chicago, IL Archives of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. 2016; 97: (12)e35.
- Bergquist T, Wehde A, Krishnan K, Powell M, Brown A. Demographic and clinical characteristics of a traumatic brain injury sample upon admission to brain rehabilitation clinic: a descriptive study utilizing the Mayo classification system of injury severity...2016 ACRM / American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine Annual Conference 30 October - 4 November 2016, Chicago, IL Archives of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. 2016; 97: (12)e36.
- Barr WB, Prichep LS, Chabot R, Powell MR, McCrea M. Measuring brain electrical activity to track recovery from sport-related concussion. Brain Inj. 2012; 26(1):58-66. Epub 2011 Nov 22
- McCrea M, Guskiewicz K, Randolph C, Barr WB, Hammeke TA, Marshall SW, Powell MR, Ahn KW, Wang Y, Kelly JP. Incidence, clinical course and predictors of prolonged recovery time following sport-related concussion in high school and college athletes Journal of International Neuropsychological Society. 2012; 18:1-12.
- McCrea M, Powell MR. The concussion clinic. A practical, evidence-based model for assessment and management of sport-related concussion. Journal of Clinical Sport Psychology. 2012; 6:275-279.
- Prichep L, McCrea M, Barr W, Powell MR, Chabot R. Time course of clinical electrophysiological recovery following mild and moderate sport-related concussion. Journal of Head Trauma Rehabilitation. 2012.
- Powell MR, Locke DE, Smigielski JS, McCrea M. Estimating the diagnostic value of the Trail Making Test for suboptimal effort in brain injury rehabilitation patients The Clinical Neuropsychologist. 2011; 25:108-118.
- McCrea M, Prichot L, Powell MR, Chabot R, Barr WB. Acute effects and recovery following sport-related concussion:A neurocognitive and quantitative brain electrical activity study Journal of Head Trauma Rehabilitation. 2010; 4:283-292.
- McCrea M, Hammeke TA, Barr W, Iverson G, McAllister T, Powell MR, Kelly JP. An integrated review of recovery after Mild Traumatic Brain Injury (MTBI): Implications for clinical management The Clinical Neuropsychologist. 2009; 23:1368-1390.
- Locke DE, Smigielski JS, Powell MR, Stevens SR. Effort issues in post-acute outpatient acquired brain injury rehabilitation seekers. NeuroRehabilitation. 2008; 23: (3)273-81.
- McCrea M, Pliskin N, Bary J, Fink J, French L, Hammeke T, Hess D, Hopewell A, Orme D, Powell MR, Ruff R, Schrock B, Terryberry-Spohr L, Vanderploeg R, Yoash-Gantz R. Official position of the military TBI task force on the role of neuropsychology and rehabilitation psychology in the evaluation, management, and research of military veterans with traumatic brain injury The Clinical Neuropsychologist. 2008; 22(1):10-26.
- Powell MR, Smith GE, Knopman DS, Parisi JE, Boeve BF, Petersen RC, Ivnik RJ. Cognitive measures predict pathologic Alzheimer disease. Arch Neurol. 2006 Jun; 63(6):865-8.
- Powell MR Smith GE Knopman DS Parisi JS Ivnik RJ Boeve B, Petersen RC. Cognitive measures predict Alzheimer disease pathology. Archives of Neurology. 2006; 63:865-868.
- Powell MR, Gfeller JD, Oliveri MV, Stanton DS, Hendricks B. The Rey AVLT serial position effect: A useful indicator for symptom exaggeration? The Clinical Neuropsychologist. 2004; 18(3):465-476.
- Powell MR, Gfeller JD, Hendricks BL, Sharland M. Detecting symptom and test-coached simulators with the test of memory malingering Archives of Clinical neuropsychology. 2004; 19(5):693-702.
- Powell MR, Hendricks B. Body schema, gender and other correlates in nonclinical populations Genetic, Social and General Psychology Monographs. 1999; 125(4):333-412.