Mayo Clinic works with hundreds of insurance companies and is an in-network provider for millions of people.
In most cases, Mayo Clinic doesn't require a physician referral. Some insurers require referrals, or may have additional requirements for certain medical care. All appointments are prioritized on the basis of medical need.
Learn more about appointments at Mayo Clinic.
Please contact your insurance company to verify medical coverage and to obtain any needed authorization prior to your visit. Often, your insurer's customer service number is printed on the back of your insurance card.
Dec. 17, 2015
- Coronary artery bypass grafting. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/cabg/#. Accessed Oct. 18, 2015.
- Longo DL, et al., eds. Ischemic heart disease. In: Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine. 19th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2015. http://accessmedicine.com. Accessed Oct. 18, 2015.
- Fuster V, ed. et al. Coronary bypass surgery. In: Hurst's The Heart. 13th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2011. http://www.accessmedicine.com. Accessed Oct. 18, 2015.
- Hillis LD, et al. ACC/AHA 2011 guideline update for coronary artery bypass graft surgery: A report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines. Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 2011;58:e123.
- Chaudry UAR, et al. Beating-heart versus conventional on-pump coronary artery bypass grafting: A meta-analysis of clinical outcomes. Annals of Thoracic Surgery. In press. Accessed Oct. 18, 2015.
- Aranki S, et al. Early noncardiac complications after coronary artery bypass surgery. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 18, 2015.
- Aranki S, et al. Medical therapy to prevent complications after coronary artery bypass graft surgery. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 18, 2015.
- Riggs EA. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Sept. 10, 2015.