- Expertise. At Mayo Clinic, acupuncture is done only by doctors trained in acupuncture and by licensed acupuncturists trained in traditional Chinese medicine.
- Experience. Mayo Clinic specialists in complementary and integrative medicine perform nearly a thousand of acupuncture treatments each year.
- Integrated care. At Mayo Clinic, acupuncture specialists integrate their care with the care provided by your other doctors to blend the best of conventional and complementary treatments.
- Research leader. Mayo Clinic researchers rigorously test complementary treatments such as acupuncture to determine their effectiveness.
Mayo Clinic: Answers you can trust
At Mayo Clinic, we assemble a team of specialists who take the time to listen and thoroughly understand your health issues and concerns. We tailor the care you receive to your personal health care needs. You can trust our specialists to collaborate and offer you the best possible outcomes, safety and service.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit medical institution that reinvests all earnings into improving medical practice, research and education. We're constantly involved in innovation and medical research, finding solutions to improve your care and quality of life. Your doctor or someone on your medical team is likely involved in research related to your condition.
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care — and trusted answers — like they've never experienced.
Why Choose Mayo Clinic
What Sets Mayo Clinic Apart
Feb. 21, 2015
- Acupuncture: What you need to know. National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine. http://nccam.nih.gov/health/acupuncture/introduction. Accessed Nov. 9, 2014.
- Acupuncture. Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database. http://www.naturaldatabase.com. Accessed Nov. 9, 2014.
- Ahn AC. Acupuncture. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Nov. 9, 2014.
- AskMayoExpert. What is acupuncture? Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2014.
- Riggin EA. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 7, 2015.