Researchers in the Complementary and Integrative Medicine Program are committed to developing evidence-based treatments that can be combined with conventional medicine. Among other things, they have studied use of acupuncture for:
- Noncyclical breast pain
- Hot flashes
- Prevention of nausea in people having cardiac surgery
See a list of publications by Mayo authors on acupuncture on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Feb. 21, 2015
- Acupuncture: What you need to know. National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine. http://nccam.nih.gov/health/acupuncture/introduction. Accessed Nov. 9, 2014.
- Acupuncture. Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database. http://www.naturaldatabase.com. Accessed Nov. 9, 2014.
- Ahn AC. Acupuncture. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Nov. 9, 2014.
- AskMayoExpert. What is acupuncture? Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2014.
- Riggin EA. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 7, 2015.