Are you worried you might have chlamydia? Find out how this common sexually transmitted infection is diagnosed and treated.
Endometrial cancer is one of the most common cancers in women. If detected early, this cancer is often successfully treated.
Gonorrhea is a highly contagious sexually transmitted infection. Without treatment, serious complications can occur.
Miscarriage can be heartbreaking. It might help to understand possible causes and treatment options, as well as what to expect for the future.
Vaginitis is an irritating inflammation of the vagina often caused by fungi (yeasts), bacteria or parasites. Treatment depends on the type of vaginitis you have.
March 01, 2016
- Sobel JD. Approach to women with symptoms of vaginitis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 14, 2016.
- Frequently asked questions. Women's health FAQ190. Vulvovaginal health. American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. http://www.acog.org/Patients/FAQs/Vulvovaginal-Health. Accessed Jan. 18, 2016.
- Lentz GM, et al. Infections of the lower and upper genital tracts. In: Comprehensive Gynecology. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Jan. 18, 2016.
- Rakel RE, et al., eds. Gynecology. In: Textbook of Family Medicine. 9th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier Saunders; 2016. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Jan. 18, 2016.
- Ross J, et al. Pelvic inflammatory disease: Clinical manifestations and diagnosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 18, 2016.
- Frumovitz M, et al. Invasive cervical cancer: Epidemiology, risk factors, clinical manifestations, and diagnosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan 18, 2016.
- Vaginal cancer treatment (PDQ). National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/types/vaginal/patient/vaginal-treatment-pdq. Accessed Jan. 21, 2016.
- Toglia MR. Rectovaginal and anovaginal fistulas. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 21, 2016.
- Signs and symptoms of cervical cancer. American Cancer Society. http://www.cancer.org/cancer/cervicalcancer/detailedguide/cervical-cancer-signs-symptoms. Accessed Jan. 27, 2016.
- Wilkinson JM (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 25, 2016.