Bacterial vaginosis — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, treatments and prevention of this common vaginal infection.
Cervical cancer is a common and often preventable reproductive cancer. Find out what cervical cancer is and how it's treated.
Cervicitis, an inflammation of the cervix, can result from a sexually transmitted disease. You can take steps to reduce your risk.
Are you worried you might have chlamydia? Find out how this common sexually transmitted disease is diagnosed and treated.
Endometrial cancer is one of the most common cancers in women. If detected early, this cancer is often successfully treated.
Gonorrhea is a highly contagious sexually transmitted infection. Without treatment, serious complications can occur.
Incompetent cervix — Overview covers symptoms, risks and treatment of weak cervical tissue during pregnancy.
Miscarriage can be heartbreaking. It might help to understand possible causes and treatment options, as well as what to expect for the future.
Molar pregnancy — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, treatment of this tumor in the uterus.
Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) is the most common preventable cause of infertility in the United States, but some women don't find out soon enough.
Preterm labor — Comprehensive overview covers the symptoms, treatment and prevention of preterm labor.
Rectovaginal fistula — Comprehensive overview explains treatment of this complication due to childbirth, Crohn's disease, cancer or other causes.
Trichomoniasis — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, causes, treatment of this sexually transmitted infection.
Vaginitis is an irritating inflammation of the vagina often caused by fungi (yeasts), bacteria or parasites. Treatment depends on the type of vaginitis you have.
Yeast infection (vaginal) — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, treatments, home remedies for vaginal yeast infections.
Mar. 22, 2013
- Sobel JD. Evaluation of women with symptoms of vaginitis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 17, 2013.
- Sexually transmitted diseases treatment guidelines 2010: Disease characterized by vaginal discharge. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/std/treatment/2010/vaginal-discharge.htm. Accessed Jan. 17, 2013.
- Lentz GM, et al. Comprehensive Gynecology. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2012. http://www.mdconsult.com/books/linkTo?type=bookPage&isbn=978-0-323-06986-1&eid=4-u1.0-B978-0-323-06986-1..C2009-0-48752-X--TOP. Accessed Jan. 17, 2013.
- Rakel RE. Textbook of Family Medicine. 8th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2011. http://www.mdconsult.com/das/book/body/191205553-4/0/1481/0.html#. Accessed Jan. 17, 2013.
- Frumovitz M. Invasive cervical cancer: Epidemiology, risk factors, clinical manifestations, and diagnosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 21, 2013.
- Livengood CH III, et al. Clinical features and diagnosis of pelvic inflammatory disease. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 21, 2013.
- Vaginal cancer treatment (PDQ). National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/treatment/vaginal/Patient. Accessed Jan. 21, 2013.