Bacterial vaginosis — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, treatments and prevention of this common vaginal infection.
Are you worried you might have chlamydia? Find out how this common sexually transmitted infection is diagnosed and treated.
Endometrial cancer is one of the most common cancers in women. If detected early, this cancer is often successfully treated.
Gonorrhea is a highly contagious sexually transmitted infection. Without treatment, serious complications can occur.
Miscarriage can be heartbreaking. It might help to understand possible causes and treatment options, as well as what to expect for the future.
Vaginitis is an irritating inflammation of the vagina often caused by fungi (yeasts), bacteria or parasites. Treatment depends on the type of vaginitis you have.
March 22, 2013
- Sobel JD. Evaluation of women with symptoms of vaginitis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 17, 2013.
- Sexually transmitted diseases treatment guidelines 2010: Disease characterized by vaginal discharge. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/std/treatment/2010/vaginal-discharge.htm. Accessed Jan. 17, 2013.
- Lentz GM, et al. Comprehensive Gynecology. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2012. http://www.mdconsult.com/books/linkTo?type=bookPage&isbn=978-0-323-06986-1&eid=4-u1.0-B978-0-323-06986-1..C2009-0-48752-X--TOP. Accessed Jan. 17, 2013.
- Rakel RE. Textbook of Family Medicine. 8th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2011. http://www.mdconsult.com/das/book/body/191205553-4/0/1481/0.html#. Accessed Jan. 17, 2013.
- Frumovitz M. Invasive cervical cancer: Epidemiology, risk factors, clinical manifestations, and diagnosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 21, 2013.
- Livengood CH III, et al. Clinical features and diagnosis of pelvic inflammatory disease. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 21, 2013.
- Vaginal cancer treatment (PDQ). National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/treatment/vaginal/Patient. Accessed Jan. 21, 2013.