Gallstones often don't cause symptoms. But if you have a gallbladder attack, you're not likely to forget it.
Pleurisy is the painful inflammation of the membranes that surround your lungs. The cause can be one of a number of underlying conditions.
Pseudotumor cerebri — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, causes, treatment of increased pressure inside the skull.
A separated shoulder is an injury to a specific joint in the shoulder. Conservative treatment is usually effective.
If you have symptoms of heart disease, but your doctor doesn't see any blocked major arteries, small vessel disease may be the cause.
Find out about this rare cause of heart attack in young, healthy people.
A tension headache is the most common form of headache. A number of treatments are available to help you deal with the pain.
Thoracic outlet syndrome is a group of disorders that occur when the nerves or vessels in the shoulder area (thoracic outlet) are compressed.
April 08, 2014
- Firestein GS, et al. Kelley's Textbook of Rheumatology. 9th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2013. http://www.mdconsult.com/das/book/body/208746819-6/0/1807/0.html. Accessed June 7, 2013.
- Seller RH. Differential Diagnosis of Common Complaints. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012:301.
- Anderson BC, et al. Evaluation of the patient with shoulder complaints. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed June 7, 2013.
- Zeiger Roni F. McGraw-Hill's Diagnosaurus 2.0. http://www.accessmedicine.com/diag.aspx. Accessed June 7, 2013.
- Wilkinson JM (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. June 12, 2013.