Do you feel trapped in your own home? Do you worry about having a panic attack? Find out how agoraphobia can be treated.
Anaphylaxis is the most serious type of allergic reaction. It often occurs rapidly after exposure to an allergen and may be life-threatening.
Aplastic anemia occurs when your bone marrow stops producing enough new blood cells. It's a serious problem, but treatments are available.
Bee stings — Comprehensive overview covers prevention, treatment of bee stings.
Chiari malformation is an uncommon condition in which brain tissue extends into the spinal canal, causing headaches and other potentially serious symptoms.
Concussions can be serious injuries that need sufficient time to heal.
Cyclic vomiting syndrome can last for hours or days and shares many triggers with migraines.
You normally lose about 10 cups (2.4 liters) of water every day — much more during exercise or illness. Learn how to stay hydrated.
Enlarged heart is often a sign of a serious heart condition. Find out causes and treatments for enlarged heart.
Food poisoning has many forms, and some can be serious. Here's how to recognize food poisoning and ways to prevent getting sick.
Heart disease, usually thought of as blockages in the arteries that can cause a heart attack, can describe any medical condition affecting your heart.
Iron deficiency anemia may leave you feeling sapped of energy. This condition is especially common in women. Iron supplements usually help.
A monthly period is bad enough. Add in painful menstrual cramps, and you may be cursing this thing called womanhood. How do you get relief?
Mitral valve prolapse occurs when the valve separating two of your heart's chambers malfunctions. The disorder usually isn't serious and often doesn't require surgical treatment.
Pericardial effusion, the accumulation of excess fluid in the sac-like structure around the heart, can decrease heart function and can be life-threatening.
Polycythemia vera is a rare blood disorder in which a person's bone marrow makes too many blood cells.
Progressive supranuclear palsy — a syndrome with many similarities to Parkinson's disease — has no effective treatment, but certain medications and self-care measures can help.
Pseudotumor cerebri — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, causes, treatment of increased pressure inside the skull.
Spider bites — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, complications, treatment of spider bites.
Find out about this rare cause of heart attack in young, healthy people.
While mild traumatic brain injury generally results in few long-term problems, more severe injury can cause several physical, emotional, behavioral, communication and cognitive problems.
Lacking certain vitamins can lead to vitamin deficiency anemia. Find out which vitamins are linked to this condition.
Aug. 07, 2015
- AskMayoExpert. Chronic subjective dizziness (adult and pediatric). Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2014.
- Tucci DL. Dizziness and vertigo. Merck Manual Professional Version. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/ear-nose-and-throat-disorders/approach-to-the-patient-with-ear-problems/dizziness-and-vertigo. Accessed June 23, 2015.
- Goldman L, et al. Hearing and equilibrium. In: Goldman's Cecil Medicine. 24th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed June 23, 2015.
- Dizziness and motion sickness. American Academy of Otolaryngology — Head and Neck Surgery. http://www.entnet.org/content/dizziness-and-motion-sickness. Accessed June 23, 2015.
- Longo DL, et al., eds. Dizziness and vertigo. In: Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine. 19th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2015. http://accessmedicine.com. Accessed June 23, 2015.
- Marx JA, et al. Dizziness and vertigo. In: Rosen's Emergency Medicine: Concepts and Clinical Practice. 8th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed June 23, 2015.
- Hyperthermia: Too hot for your health. National Institute on Aging. https://www.nia.nih.gov/health/publication/hyperthermia. Accessed June 30, 2015.
- Dizziness/vertigo. https://naturalmedicines.therapeuticresearch.com/databases/medical-conditions/d/dizzinessvertigo.aspx. Accessed June 23, 2015.
- Branch WT, et al. Approach to the patient with dizziness. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed June 23, 2015.
- Kim JS, et al. Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. New England Journal of Medicine. 2015;370:1138.
- Mitsunaga MM, et al. Head CT scans in the emergency department for syncope and dizziness. AJR. 2015;204:24.