Coping and supportBy Mayo Clinic Staff
The Turner Syndrome Society of the United States and other organizations provide educational materials, resources for families and information about support groups. Groups for parents provide an opportunity to exchange ideas, develop coping strategies and locate resources.
Peer groups for girls with Turner syndrome can help reinforce your daughter's self-esteem and provide her with a social network of people who understand her experience with Turner syndrome.
Aug. 23, 2014
- Turner syndrome. Genetics Home Reference. http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/turner-syndrome. Accessed July 22, 2014.
- Learning about Turner syndrome. National Human Genome Research Institute. http://www.genome.gov/19519119. Accessed July 22, 2014.
- Turner syndrome. National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD). https://www.rarediseases.org/rare-disease-information/rare-diseases/byID/112/viewFullReport. Accessed July 22, 2014.
- Turner syndrome. Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development. http://turners.nichd.nih.gov/index.html. Accessed July 22, 2014.
- Saenger P. Clinical manifestations and diagnosis of Turner syndrome (gonadal dysgenesis). http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 22, 2014.
- Milbrandt T, et al. Turner syndrome. Pediatrics in Review. 2013;34:420.
- Saenger P. Management of Turner syndrome (gonadal dysgenesis). http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 22, 2014.
- Turner Syndrome Society of the United States. http://www.turnersyndrome.org/. Accessed July 26, 2014.
- Wick MJ (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 1, 2014.
- Hoecker JL (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 27, 2014.
- Freriks K, et al. Long-term effects of previous oxandrolone treatment in adult women with Turner syndrome. European Journal of Endocrinology. 2013;168:91.