Researchers at Mayo Clinic study Alzheimer's disease, mild cognitive impairment and other conditions that affect your memory and thinking skills. Researchers study risk factors, predictors, diagnostic techniques and potential treatments for Alzheimer's disease and other conditions.
The Mayo Clinic Alzheimer's Disease Research Center is jointly based in Rochester, Minnesota, and Jacksonville, Florida. These facilities are two of 29 Alzheimer's Disease Centers in the United States designated and funded by the National Institute on Aging of the National Institutes of Health (NIH). Mayo Clinic is a key participant in the Arizona Alzheimer's Consortium.
You may have the opportunity to participate in clinical trials at Mayo Clinic. Read more about Mayo Clinic Alzheimer's disease research on Alzheimer's disease and inflammation and Alzheimer's disease pathogenesis.
See a list of publications by Mayo doctors on Alzheimer's disease on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
June 17, 2014
- Darren J. Baker, Ph.D.
- Matthew (Matt) A. Bernstein, Ph.D.
- Bradley F. Boeve, M.D.
- William (Stephen) S. Brimijoin, Ph.D.
- Guojun Bu, Ph.D.
- Minerva M. Carrasquillo, Ph.D.
- Richard J. Caselli, M.D.
- Su-Youne Chang, Ph.D.
- Pritam Das, Ph.D.
- Timothy R. DeGrado, Ph.D.
- Dennis W. Dickson, M.D.
- Julie A. Fields, Ph.D., L.P.
- John D. Fryer, Ph.D.
- Yonas E. Geda, M.D.
- Neill R. Graff-Radford, M.D.
- Robert J. Ivnik, Ph.D., L.P.
- Clifford R. Jack Jr., M.D.
- Mi Hyeon (Mi-Hyeon) Jang, Ph.D.
- Kejal Kantarci, M.D.
- David S. Knopman, M.D.
- Val Lowe, M.D.
- John A. Lucas, Ph.D.
- Mary M. Machulda, Ph.D., L.P.
- Pamela J. McLean, Ph.D.
- Michelle M. Mielke, Ph.D.
- Joseph E. Parisi, M.D.
- Otto Pedraza, Ph.D.
- Ronald C. Petersen, M.D., Ph.D.
- Leonard Petrucelli, Ph.D.
- Joseph F. Poduslo, Ph.D.
- Rosa Rademakers, Ph.D.
- Rosebud O. Roberts, M.B., Ch.B.
- Walter A. Rocca, M.D.
- Terrone L. Rosenberry, Ph.D.
- Glenn E. Smith, Ph.D., L.P.
- Wolfdieter Springer, Ph.D.
- Cynthia M. Stonnington, M.D.
- Emanuel E. Strehler, Ph.D.
- Nilufer Taner, M.D., Ph.D.
- Eric G. Tangalos, M.D.
- Eugenia Trushina, Ph.D.
- Prashanthi Vemuri, Ph.D.
- Jennifer Whitwell, Ph.D.
- Floyd B. Willis, M.D.
- Bryan K. Woodruff, M.D.
- Steven G. Younkin, M.D., Ph.D.
- Goldman L, et al. Goldman's Cecil Medicine. 24th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed April 8, 2014.
- Alzheimer's disease fact sheet. National Institute on Aging. http://www.nia.nih.gov/alzheimers/publication/alzheimers-disease-fact-sheet. Accessed April 8, 2014.
- Longo DL, et al. Harrison's Online. 18th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=4. Accessed April 8, 2014.
- Halter JB, et al. Hazzard's Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology. 6th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2009. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=540. Accessed April 8, 2014.
- Leal SL, et al. Perturbations of neural circuitry in aging, mild cognitive impairment, and Alzheimer's disease. Ageing Research Reviews. 2013;12:823.
- Wright CB. Etiology, clinical manifestations, and diagnosis of vascular dementia. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 8, 2014.
- Papadakis MA, ed., et al. Current Medical Diagnosis & Treatment 2014. 53rd ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2014. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=1. Accessed April 8, 2014.
- Grabowski TJ. Clinical manifestations and diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 8, 2014.
- Caring for a person with Alzheimer's disease. National Institute on Aging. http://www.nia.nih.gov/alzheimers/publication/caring-person-alzheimers-disease/about-guide. Accessed April 8, 2014.
- Alternative treatments. Alzheimer's Association. http://www.alz.org/alzheimers_disease_alternative_treatments.asp. Accessed April 8, 2014.
- Alzheimer's disease at a glance. National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine. http://nccam.nih.gov/health/alzheimer/ataglance. Accessed April 8, 2014.
- Smith GE (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 19, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.