The Mayo Clinic Young Volunteers Program provides opportunities in both clinic and hospital settings. The program is open to students ages 14 to 18. This program is extremely competitive, so not all students who apply and interview will be accepted.
- You must be able to commit to a regularly scheduled weekday shift for a minimum of one year.
- A leave of absence may be arranged to accommodate participation in school or personal activities, but cannot exceed a total of 20 weeks a year.
- Shifts are from 3:30 to 5 p.m. on weekdays.
If you have questions about the requirements or general questions related to volunteering, email RSTVOLCOOR@mayo.edu or call 507-255-9912.
Online application. Complete the online application. The application must be submitted during the time frames listed below.
Note: Incomplete applications, as well as applications submitted outside of the below time frames, are not accepted.
|Application submission and review
|July 15-Aug. 1
||Students who are involved in a fall sport are ineligible for the July enrollment. Please apply to the next available session.
||Students who are involved in a spring sport are ineligible for the October enrollment. Please apply to the next available session.
|Feb. 15-March 1
||Students who will be unavailable for four weeks or longer during the summer are ineligible for this term. Please apply to the next available session.
Mayo Clinic Volunteer Programs will contact you after your application is reviewed. If selected, you will complete an interview with a volunteer coordinator. If accepted into the program, these additional requirements must be met before volunteering:
- Passing a background check
- Completing an immunization review
- Attending new volunteer orientation
- Completing the volunteer training program