Volunteering at Mayo Clinic in Florida
Our volunteers are dedicated to helping others. People who choose to volunteer at Mayo Clinic are attracted to our healing mission and our commitment to the needs of patients and their families.
Volunteers provide services at Mayo Clinic that would not be available without their help.
The compensation for one's time and effort is priceless. Satisfaction comes from knowing our volunteers have made a difference in someone's life. Thanks to our volunteers:
- Lonely patients have someone to talk to.
- Patients are offered wheelchair transport throughout our facilities.
- Staff has an extra hand to assist them.
- Flowers and mail are delivered to patients in the hospital.
- The lobby information desks are staffed, providing directions, information and comfort.
- Patients and visitors have access to a beautiful gift shop stocked with a large selection of merchandise.
Over time, patients may not remember a volunteer's name, but they never forget the smile, the kind word, the sympathetic ear, or helpful information.
We offer our volunteers flexible schedules in stimulating environments. We also have special programs for students and teens. If you're interested in volunteering, or if you'd like more information, contact the Volunteer Services Department: