Karen S. Shimshak, M.D., is an ophthalmologist with fellowship training and over 30 years of experience in adult strabismus and pediatric ophthalmology.
Her clinical focus includes:
- Expertise in management of eye misalignment/strabismus and double vision disorders.
- Complex and re-operative eye muscle surgery.
- Providing care and treatment for eyelid disorders with tearing, lesions, eye/ facial muscle spasm.
- Coordination of care with other medical specialists in neuro-ophthalmology, neurology, endocrinology and internal medicine.
- Promoting each patient's understanding of their disorder and empowering patients to become partners in managing their ocular health through education and communication.
- Double vision
- Eye twitch
- Lazy eye
- Eye muscle surgery
- Eyelid lesion removal
Mayo Clinic locations
Activities and honors
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of Ophthalmology