Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
Areas that research this procedure
Doctors and surgeons trained in top surgery for transgender women are working to improve care for people living with gender dysphoria.
See a list of publications about feminizing breast surgery by Mayo Clinic doctors on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Top surgery for transgender women and nonbinary people care at Mayo Clinic
Feb. 23, 2022
- AskMayoExpert. Gender-affirming procedures (adult). Mayo Clinic; 2021.
- Neligan PC, et al., eds. Surgery for gender dysphoria. In: Plastic Surgery. 4th ed. Elsevier; 2018. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Oct. 7, 2021.
- Fat transfer breast augmentation. American Society of Plastic Surgeons. https://www.plasticsurgery.org/cosmetic-procedures/fat-transfer-breast-augmentation. Accessed Oct. 12, 2021.
- Bekeny JC, et al. Breast augmentation in the transgender patient: Narrative review of current techniques and complications. Annals of Translational Medicine. 2021; doi:10.21037/atm-20-5087.
- Ferrando CA. Breast and chest surgery for transgender patients. In: Comprehensive Care of the Transgender Patient. Elsevier; 2020. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Oct. 7, 2021.
- Ferrando C, et al. Transgender surgery: Male to female. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed Oct. 12, 2021.
- Pu LLQ, et al. Immediate two-stage implant-based breast reconstruction with acellular dermal matrix. In: Atlas of Reconstructive Breast Surgery. Elsevier; 2020. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Oct. 19, 2021.
- Miller TJ, et al. Breast augmentation in male-to-female transgender patients: Technical considerations and outcomes. JPRAS Open. 2019; doi:10.1016/j.jpra.2019.03.003.
Products & Services
Top surgery for transgender women and nonbinary people