Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
Areas that research this procedure
Doctors and surgeons trained in top surgery for transgender men are working to improve care for people living with gender dysphoria.
See a list of publications by Mayo Clinic authors on chest masculinization surgery on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Top surgery for transgender men care at Mayo Clinic
Sept. 27, 2019
- AskMayoExpert. Feminizing or masculinizing procedures. Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2019.
- Erickson-Schroth L, ed. Surgical transition. In: Trans Bodies, Trans Selves: A Resource for the Transgender Community. New York, N.Y.: Oxford University Press; 2014.
- Makadon HJ, et al. Medical and surgical management of the transgender patient. In: Fenway Guide to Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Health. 2nd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: American College of Physicians; 2015.
- The World Professional Association of Transgender Health. Standards of care for the health of transsexual, transgender and gender nonconforming people, 7th version. http://www.wpath.org. Accessed April 15, 2019.
- Ferrando CA. Breast and chest surgery for transgender patients. In: Comprehensive Care of the Transgender Patient. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2020. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed April 22, 2019.
- Frederick MJ, et al. Chest surgery in female to male transgender individuals. Annals of Plastic Surgery. 2017;78:249.
- Nippoldt T (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Accessed May 28, 2019.
Top surgery for transgender men